Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] David Gilmour selling his Hove seafront house . £15 Million

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s not the property that’s my issue it’s the lack of facilities in the area . Where are all the decent coffee shops , bakeries , independent restaurants? I guess the people that live in Saltdean either don’t mind not having these facilities or are prepared to drive to get to them . Saltdean is not a cheap area so I’m surprised that people would wish to pay say £750k for a house there but not have those facilities plus you have a half an hour drive into Brighton in rush hour . I just don’t personally get why that’s appealing to many people .

To buy a house in an area with all the amenities you list will cost more than Saltdean. You don’t understand why it’s appealing….maybe it’s cost? And if you don’t need certain things then it makes perfect sense.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But did his house sell?

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Romany played a set in Worthing in the summer during the festival. She was very good, and was debuting some of her own material.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

Very nice.

I’ll have a listen as I am a big Dave Gilmour fan but I find his wife writes very twee lyrics that are a massive come down from Roger Waters’ :shrug:

Haven’t yet heard a solo album of his that warranted more than one listen because of it.

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
I’ll have a listen as I am a big Dave Gilmour fan but I find his wife writes very twee lyrics that are a massive come down from Roger Waters’ :shrug:

Haven’t yet heard a solo album of his that warranted more than one listen because of it.
I thought Gilmour said they wouldn't be playing early Pink Floyd era songs (which I understood as being nothing that Waters contributed to). Hearing them playing stuff from Dark Side makes me extra pissed off that I didn't get tickets :tantrum:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I thought Gilmour said they wouldn't be playing early Pink Floyd era songs (which I understood as being nothing that Waters contributed to). Hearing them playing stuff from Dark Side makes me extra pissed off that I didn't get tickets :tantrum:
Gilmour was not in the band until they booted Syd out. Nick Mason has that era covered!

First concert I ever saw was the Saucerful of Secrets tour just after Gilmour joined at the Marlow Theatre Canterbury on a “cultural” outing we talked a young master into arranging :lolol:

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
...and i can do without my winter fuel allowance !
That was the problem with the winter fuel allowance, it went to every pensioner. Of course if the tories wanted to give me free money i was not going to say no but i like i am sure most round here i did not need it. I am perfectly happy that it is now means tested and thus aimed at the most needy. The totally negative media coverage on this annoyed me, where was the balance with people like myself being interviewed and saying they were satisfied. Answer - there was none !!!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Who is the wealthier - Gilmour or Waters? (obvs not Syd, sadly).

I used to live in Waters' ex-wife's house (my landlord was her second husband). She featured on the sleeve of Ummagumma. The house was full of antiques, some of which apparently originally belonged to Waters, including parts of a medieval French church.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
That was the problem with the winter fuel allowance, it went to every pensioner. Of course if the tories wanted to give me free money i was not going to say no but i like i am sure most round here i did not need it. I am perfectly happy that it is now means tested and thus aimed at the most needy. The totally negative media coverage on this annoyed me, where was the balance with people like myself being interviewed and saying they were satisfied. Answer - there was none !!!!
would've been a less ham-fisted way though if folk didnt HAVE to be means-tested , as some put their pride before their health , and so refuse to put themselves through all the hurdles and sometimes oppressive checks that will be made , maybe it should have been offered to everyone on a "click to collect" basis, thereby people like DG and others like yourself could opt-out in that way ?

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

I used to live in Waters' ex-wife's house (my landlord was her second husband). She featured on the sleeve of Ummagumma. The house was full of antiques, some of which apparently originally belonged to Waters, including parts of a medieval French church.
Waters, by a margin of 130mil, ( 310-180mil ), more writing royalties

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

Where on the sleeve? I can only see members of the band, maybe on the inside of the sleeve?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here