David Cameron is elected

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
London Calling said:
Originally posted by London Calling
No. I am generally Green/left. I come from the angle that this Government isn't being progressive enough in terms of environmental sustainability, equality in power, wealth etc.

But the choice of the two front runners did surprise me. There is a lot more ecperienced politician on the back bench.

It is a huge gamble because if the tories **** this up, it will surely open the door for the Libs Dems.

Though I personally believe after the next Labour victory, that Governmnet will turn to Proportional Representation to ensure that the Country maintains a radical/left/green balance of power and the Government present reforms are concreted into our way of life, aka, Sweden post 1945.

LC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then with the greatest respect, I dont expect you to get it

As a matter of interest apart from the Davids, would you have preferred someone else?

No Cameron is the man

Last edited:

Jul 20, 2003
good points on R5, needs to get a lot of change underway during the honeymoon period whilst the mandate is still fresh in the minds of tory MPs and party members - it won't take long for them to revert to internal bickering if they stay true to form

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Hannibal smith said:
Should of read 2 more.

2 including this one before they can expect an election victory
Well i'm not to know that:wave:
Anway i wouldnt listen to that nasty little queen

Last edited:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
It takes a certain sort of person to become a politician, regardless of party. Unfortunately, that's generally not the sort of person who has anything interesting to say.

Barnet Seagull said:
It takes a certain sort of person to become a politician, regardless of party. Unfortunately, that's generally not the sort of person who has anything interesting to say.

The sort of person that makes the decision to go into politics is very often exactly the sort of person who should NOT be trusted with any sort of responsibility or public office.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
The sort of person that makes the decision to go into politics is very often exactly the sort of person who should NOT be trusted with any sort of responsibility or public office.

Yeah why have so many politicians not actually have a degree in politics yet so many soap dodgers study it?

Dandyman

In London village.
Wanderer said:
A breath of fresh air breathed into the Tories. This change was needed, for too long we've had old farts who have as about as much charisma as Pete Canning, and were clearly never gonna get elected.

Cameron now has three or so years to develop into the next PM, or at least provide some meaningful opposition, which has been pathetically missing from uk politics for some time,

Frankly, I rather vote for the Fatty Taxman than some over privileged right-wing Old Etonian c*nt any day.

majority especially in the labour party are barristers or other media friendly people

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The Tories have a hell of a lot of ground to catch up on, I heard his little speech about becoming more inclusive and attracting a broader variety of candidate for election. This is all very fine until you realise that many of those still holding power at a local level are the antique blue rinse set who still wallow in the glory of the time Maggie was at the helm. Let us not forget that the Tory grandees in Cheltenham rejected the now "Lord Warwick" as a candidate purely on the grounds of his skin colour, that wasn't too many years ago.

True Cameron is untainted by the past, having only been an MP for a couple of years, but his response to the drug question when surely a yes or no answer would have sufficed suggests to me that he is as shifty as the man who he would like to replace as PM. We need a decent opposition to provide a healthy democracy, is Cameron the man to lead it, sadly I don't think he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here