Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Cameron is elected

Just don't get this.

The Conservatives have finally shown how desparate they have become.

This man has literally no track record of a Politician, let alone experience of any kind.

Being apolitical I would have thought the best tactic would have been to groom him for the post in 5 years time, aka, Labour's tactics with Brown and Blair.

LC

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
London Calling said:
Just don't get this.

The Conservatives have finally shown how desparate they have become.

This man has literally no track record of a Politician, let alone experience of any kind.

Being apolitical I would have thought the best tactic would have been to groom him for the post in 5 years time, aka, Labour's tactics with Brown and Blair.

LC
R u a conservative?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
LC, i think the party has just realised they werent progressing, they've seen cameron as a way of reforming the party, changing policies and the traditional view of the tories and they've taken a gamble. I really hope it works.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Excellent. For the sake of this country we need a good opposition. Im not particularly Blue or Red but we do need a decent opposition to keep whoever the current govt is in check...

This should be the start of it. And of course Cameron has a disabled daughter so the spin doctors are going to have a field day playing on this 'man of the people' etc etc

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
A breath of fresh air breathed into the Tories. This change was needed, for too long we've had old farts who have as about as much charisma as Pete Canning, and were clearly never gonna get elected.

Cameron now has three or so years to develop into the next PM, or at least provide some meaningful opposition, which has been pathetically missing from uk politics for some time,

chicken run said:
R u a conservative?

No. I am generally Green/left. I come from the angle that this Government isn't being progressive enough in terms of environmental sustainability, equality in power, wealth etc.

But the choice of the two front runners did surprise me. There is a lot more ecperienced politician on the back bench.

It is a huge gamble because if the tories **** this up, it will surely open the door for the Libs Dems.

Though I personally believe after the next Labour victory, that Governmnet will turn to Proportional Representation to ensure that the Country maintains a radical/left/green balance of power and the Government present reforms are concreted into our way of life, aka, Sweden post 1945.

LC

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
London Calling said:
No. I am generally Green/left. I come from the angle that this Government isn't being progressive enough in terms of environmental sustainability, equality in power, wealth etc.

But the choice of the two front runners did surprise me. There is a lot more ecperienced politician on the back bench.

It is a huge gamble because if the tories **** this up, it will surely open the door for the Libs Dems.

Though I personally believe after the next Labour victory, that Governmnet will turn to Proportional Representation to ensure that the Country maintains a radical/left/green balance of power and the Government present reforms are concreted into our way of life, aka, Sweden post 1945.

LC
Then with the greatest respect, I dont expect you to get it;)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
London Calling said:

LC
Lets hope they dont win the next election then!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
EXCELLENT, at the very least the Lefties will start cracking down on ILLEGALS now.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
David Cameron is neither the problem nor the solution to the Tory's failure to get re-elected.

The entire party's introspective, non-inclusive, nay elitist imperial attitude is at loggerheads with society as a whole. They still behave like the ruling classes. Their ideas of considering themselves progressive when they put forward tokenistic ideals such in Hove where they made a big deal of putting up a gay candidate are ot newsworth to anyone but themselves.

They are still a party devoid of ideas, policies and commitment. All comment coming from Conservative Central Office on government issues are vain attempts to take potshots at Labour without actually trying to find the answer to a given problem. Answers which many people are looking to 'someone' to provide.

BTW a 'Man of the People' tag is going to be ridiculed if he makes a virtue of having gone to Eton.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The Large One said:
David Cameron is neither the problem nor the solution to the Tory's failure to get re-elected.

The entire party's introspective, non-inclusive, nay elitist imperial attitude is at loggerheads with society as a whole. They still behave like the ruling classes. Their ideas of considering themselves progressive when they put forward tokenistic ideals such in Hove where they made a big deal of putting up a gay candidate are ot newsworth to anyone but themselves.

They are still a party devoid of ideas, policies and commitment. All comment coming from Conservative Central Office on government issues are vain attempts to take potshots at Labour without actually trying to find the answer to a given problem. Answers which many people are looking to 'someone' to provide.

BTW a 'Man of the People' tag is going to be ridiculed if he makes a virtue of going to Eton.
32 mins not bad:p

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
chicken run said:
Lets hope they dont win the next election then!

Ah but Labour will. Even people like Peter Mandelson are saying the Tories will need at least 2 X terms in opposition. If the performance in the next election doesn't improve, then what? Get rid? I'd imagine the Labour party will strengthen when Blair goes.

On Sky news currently there are 2 old biddies banging on about how David Cameron will be good for the 'youngsters' Perhaps he should wear a baseball cap? That should do the trick.

Originally posted by London Calling

LC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then with the greatest respect, I dont expect you to get it

As a matter of interest apart from the Davids, would you have preferred someone else?

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Hannibal smith said:
Ah but Labour will. Even people like Peter Mandelson are saying the Tories will need at least 2 X terms in opposition. If the performance in the next election doesn't improve, then what? Get rid? I'd imagine the Labour party will strengthen when Blair goes.

On Sky news currently there are 2 old biddies banging on about how David Cameron will be good for the 'youngsters' Perhaps he should wear a baseball cap? That should do the trick.
They've had two terms

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here