Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Cameron in TWAT shock

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
well the radio authorities dont either, nor the press as they have happily published it this afternoon without * to proctect the easily offended. so lets concentrate on the meaning and point he was saying, and he was dead right.

Certain papers print swear words all the time, f*** was on the front cover of the Guardian the other day. It's only the Sun and the Mail that a have a problem with swearing in print but none with flashing semi-naked pictures.

And if any guidelines don't think Twat is a swear word, it just shows how f***ing clueless the people who make up them up are

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the problem with this is that shameron is so used to calling his shadow cabinet TWATS it automatically slips out once in a while

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I've had real problems with the word twat; living here in St Helens as I have for the past 20 years (yeah, I know too long).

Coming from dahn sarf my instinct is to use it as many posters on this thread have. Insulting, derogatory, but not nearly as strong as the word '****'.

However, up here the word is viewed as as bad - if not worse - than the 'C' word.

Two examples:-

(1) I once worked for an org in St Helens one of whose Senior managers - also from the south - used the word liberally to describe anyone who'd pissed him off/annoyed him. In the end I had to intervene to prevent any real problems by firstly explaining to others that it meant something different and less strong down south and secondly to tell him not to use it in future.

(2) World Cup, 1998. I'm in the Turks Head, England game on the tele in the afternoon (v I can't remember) we've all taken a half day's leave to watch and get outside some fine ales and stouts. Owen misses a sitter. "You twat", I shout loudly. Entire pub falls silent in shock at such profanity. Much grovelling later I am (phew!) not barred.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Quote from Cocaine Dave
"TOO MANY TWITS MAKE (you) A TWAT"

THE NEW COLLECTIVE DESCRIPTION FOR A BULLINGDON CABINET ?

Very appropiate.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here