Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dave Sexton

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Dave Sexton who played for Brighton has sadly passed away,would have appreciated what Gus is trying to achieve, not a member of the hoofball club.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Oh dear. I only mentioned him in a post here yesterday. Rip Dave. :(

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Very sad news. A great coach.

Didn't he used to watch Albion regularly in the 1990s?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
A great player for the Albion too. Lived 2 doors up from him in Amberley Drive. I was just a kid but Mr Sexton as I called him was always friendly. First Albion Player i can remember seeing doing an overhead scissors kick and scoring.

RIP Mr Sexton

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
His biggest success came at Brighton, where he won the Third Division (South) Title in 1957–58.

RIP

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
lets hope he is respected on saturday !

As far as I am aware he had no links to Palace, so no need to risk insults and abuse from them. Anyway, we can do our bit on Tuesday night.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
RIP Albion legend

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The Albion should have appointed him as manager in 1981 rather than Mike Bailey!

Some very good sides he managed at Chelsea, QPR and Man Utd.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
One my heroes, what a gentleman he was - in the mould of Ron Greenwood. A real ambassador for football. I hope proper respect is paid on Tuesday night. Condolences to his family, RIP with Peter Osgood et al.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As far as I am aware he had no links to Palace, so no need to risk insults and abuse from them. Anyway, we can do our bit on Tuesday night.

According to wikipedia he finished his playing career with them, after leaving us, scoring 11 in 27 for palace.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Before my time, as a player, but greatly respected as a young & forward thinking manager at a time when most managers were pretty old.

Did he ever manage to visit the Amex?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here