Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dave Brooks supports Fox Hunting!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Good on him, the foxhunting ban IMHO was one of the most ill thought out pieces of government legislation of its kind.

No-one really consulted the people living out in the country who suffered most at the hands of the foxes, and over a decade on our towns and cities are awash with the 'delightful creatures' causing all kinds of mayhem.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Unfortunately one escaped and turned into a camel.

Samantha-Fox-1065823.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's fair to say that had foxes looked like wart hogs they wouldn't get as much sympathy.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
This is probably a typical townie attitude but if someone shot the family of foxes that lives in my back garden I’d be pretty upset.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
As a member it upset me, seemed a very extreme measure, from my experience of town foxs they scavage for food especially around bins. I imagine that the fox was curious about what was under the covers. If this was an ongoing problem it would have been required year in, year out.

I would like to see photographic evidence of the damage and the measures they took prior to shooting.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oh and piss off Valerie Paynter!

Valerie Paynter, leader of the Save Hove conservation campaign, organised a demonstration outside the club on Tuesday, which was attended by about 20 protesters.

"I think it's outrageous to have guns being used in a residential area. What about people's cats?"

Does she realise that a trained marskman aiming for a fox is less likely to kill your little moggy than a fox?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

Valerie Paynter, leader of the Save Hove conservation campaign, organised a demonstration outside the club on Tuesday, which was attended by about 20 protesters.

"I think it's outrageous to have guns being used in a residential area. What about people's cats?"

Does she realise that a trained marskman aiming for a fox is less likely to kill your little moggy than a fox?

Perhaps Mrs Paynter would like to help me with the vet bill I had a couple of years ago when some fox took the top of my cat's ear off in a fight, we had to rename her 'Holyfield'.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Valerie Paynter - loving your work.

"I think it's outrageous to have guns being used in a residential area. What about people's cats? What about the fact we have a lot of foxes in the area because we are so close to the Downs?" she said.

"If you get rid of one fox, another one will just come and take its place. It's not a solution.

"It could have been a male fox with a vixen underground with newborn cubs who have now lost their main breadwinner."

Talk about too much time on your hands. There are lots of things it could have been. It could have been the lead in a Basil Brush tribute act, with a gig at the Brighton Centre that will now have to be cancelled and monies refunded. And to be fair, Eaton Road does look a bit like Ditchling Beacon :dunce:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not expecting much sympathy on here, but the club were out of order here. There are many non-lethal ways to deal with unwanted fox intrusion but despite his protestations to the contrary Dave Brooks just took the easiest option.

Whether anyone on here cares or not about the fox (i suspect most do not) this totally avoidable situation is now bringing quite a lot of bad publicity to the club and the protestors have been very successful in getting the story out. I can only hope that Brooks will think differently the next time this situation arises and by the end of the week the big sussex story will be us stuffing Surrey on the pitch.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Aren't farmers allowed to shoot foxes if they're on their land? What's the difference?

What are the other options that the club could have done?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

You do wonder at some people. I wonder how Ms Paynter would feel if she had seen what was left of a hen house after a fox has paid a visit ? It's kills all of them even though it only wants one. They also attack cats and sometimes kill them. They are vermin when all is said and done.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Good on him, the foxhunting ban IMHO was one of the most ill thought out pieces of government legislation of its kind.

No-one really consulted the people living out in the country who suffered most at the hands of the foxes, and over a decade on our towns and cities are awash with the 'delightful creatures' causing all kinds of mayhem.

Banning fox hunting has had no discernable impact on fox numbers.

Anyways - this isn't about fox hunting, this is about killing a fox, which as it goes I don't have too much of a problem with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here