Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As others have said, potentially informative threads get "hi-jacked" by a few idiots who spend hours slagging each other off. Meanwhile NSC members who are genuinely interested to get the latest updates on potential transfers, etc, have to scroll through all this dross. It seems to me this sort of thing is becoming more common. I have no idea why the mods don't clamp down on it, because it's making NSC pretty unusable at times for the majority.

Totally agree with this.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Which page should I go to in order to read the most recent transfer info regarding Darwin Nunez?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The only news I've seen on Nunez was on twitter last night which said something along the lines of Nunez won't be sold in this window, they will keep him until Jan at the earliest.
So it appears based on rumours obviously that we won't be getting him. Add Edouard to that list too (if you believe Owen and Naylor) which means we have no other rumours of strikers to work on! So either we're putting all of our eggs in one basket with Nunez, which has a strong chance of not happening, or the Club are managing to keep it all very quiet!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I’m surprised this thread went on this long when Benfica wanted £15 million more than he went for last year after 6 goals and also being currently injured :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m surprised this thread went on this long when Benfica wanted £15 million more than he went for last year after 6 goals and also being currently injured :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought he’d scored 14 goals for Benfica in all comps which would of made him our top goal scorer last season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The only news I've seen on Nunez was on twitter last night which said something along the lines of Nunez won't be sold in this window, they will keep him until Jan at the earliest.
So it appears based on rumours obviously that we won't be getting him. Add Edouard to that list too (if you believe Owen and Naylor) which means we have no other rumours of strikers to work on! So either we're putting all of our eggs in one basket with Nunez, which has a strong chance of not happening, or the Club are managing to keep it all very quiet!
Surely that quote if true opens the door as he’s obviously not settled if he’s thinking of going in January.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see that Benfica have started the domestic season well despite star striker Seferovic being out injured. They already have Waldschmidt, Yaremchuk and Carlos Vinicius along with Goncalo Ramos, so Darwin Nunez is definitely a luxury they can afford to do without. Talk of £35 million plus is pie in the sky.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I see that Benfica have started the domestic season well despite star striker Seferovic being out injured. They already have Waldschmidt, Yaremchuk and Carlos Vinicius along with Goncalo Ramos, so Darwin Nunez is definitely a luxury they can afford to do without. Talk of £35 million plus is pie in the sky.

That was always a starting point for negotiations. We'd probably get him for £28m

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

As I mentioned in passing before, It was written that the prize money for simply getting to (or failing to get to) the champions league group stages is £30 million.

Benfica beat Spartak Moscow in the third qualifying round and now have a 2 legged play off against PSV to get into the group stages of the CL. Benfica home game is this Wednesday 18th, the second return leg in Holland is Tuesday 24th.

I reckon the outcome of this could likely determine whether they keep him or bin him off in the last week of the window. Can they afford to to lose the £30 million?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As I mentioned in passing before, It was written that the prize money for simply getting to (or failing to get to) the champions league group stages is £30 million.

Benfica beat Spartak Moscow in the third qualifying round and now have a 2 legged play off against PSV to get into the group stages of the CL. Benfica home game is this Wednesday 18th, the second return leg in Holland is Tuesday 24th.

I reckon the outcome of this could likely determine whether they keep him or bin him off in the last week of the window. Can they afford to to lose the £30 million?

Agreed, it has deadline day transfer written all over it. A cheeky Davy Propper winner in the 2nd leg to do his old club one last favour?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Agreed, it has deadline day transfer written all over it. A cheeky Davy Propper winner in the 2nd leg to do his old club one last favour?

Can you two stop discussing theories around Nunez please? It is completely derailing the infantile bickering that is the main point of this thread.

And don't bother replying as I have just added myself to my own ignore list, or whatever it is that the cool kids are doing these days.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How about we all just ignore this bloke until he appears in blue and white stripes...

... which I by the way believe is highly unlikely.

I'm pretty tired of hearing about him though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here