Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
You would fancy Wolfsburg based on size and history. However surely we can pay more than them in wages, let's go all in.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Wolfsburg dont have that much of an illustrious history - better than ours for sure (having won the Bundesliga not too long ago), but theyre basically just Team Volkswagen and funded as such. Their fanbase is no bigger than ours, they wouldnt pay more than us, and Wolfsburg is just a drab city in the middle of Germany; Brighton is much more exciting.

The chance to play Europa League with Wolfsburg is the main threat.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Wolfsburg dont have that much of an illustrious history - better than ours for sure (having won the Bundesliga not too long ago), but theyre basically just Team Volkswagen and funded as such. Their fanbase is no bigger than ours, they wouldnt pay more than us, and Wolfsburg is just a drab city in the middle of Germany; Brighton is much more exciting.

Would he be able to do it on a cold Thursday night in Vladivostok, though.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Don't underestimate the pull of living in a seaside resort.

Wolfsburg looks a bit industrial, not much for a 21 year old to do, other than tours of the VW museum.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I could be completely wrong but I was under the impression that Volkswagen massively reduced their financial investment into Wölfsburg all the while they were being sued/fined for their emissions scandal. As ridiculous as it may sound, we probably have more financial power than them, and as we all know money talks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If only we had a couple of influential Spanish speakers in and around the squad who could chat to him before he makes up his mind.........[emoji6]

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Wolfsburg looks a bit dull if this is the best photo they can come up with on Wiki.

0bde8031c66588e6c463f38ece5f0df3.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't underestimate the pull of living in a seaside resort.

Wolfsburg looks a bit industrial, not much for a 21 year old to do, other than tours of the VW museum.

ice cream.jpg

Sadly though the 2020 version would have Maupay pushing 'Winnies ice cream into his face while Connolly gets ID checked for his Cider Barrel.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Would love to see him sign for us, looks a real talent.

Get him in, get a left back and keep White...that'd do me for this window.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I don't think the pull of the Premier League can be understated.

If you're a young lad living in Uruguay then watching Suarez tear up the Premier League must be a massive influence on you.

They're both good leagues, the PL is definitely slightly higher level overall. It will probably come more down to money and where he feels he has best chance to be a regular starter.

I so much hope this one comes off, great looking player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here