Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darryl McDuffy of Falkirk

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to the Grandpa of Wee Ben Nevis this hot shot striker at Falkirk is
available and raring to make it big time down here with the Sassennachs. See "Messages to Club"

BG, according to his NSC profile, saw Albion first gain promotion to the old (very old 2nd Division) in 1957.

BG is an "expert" on a lot of things.

Unfortunately he can't even get that seminal season for the Albion correct.

Rather curiously I was at Brentford on Monday 28th April when we lost 1-0.

I cheekily turned to a Brentford supporter who was very full of himself (because the Bees had won and gone top - it was the very last season of the old 3rd Division (South) with just one team being promoted) and said "No worries ! We'll beat Watford 6-0 on Wednesday ! And of course we did. And I was there. And it was 1958.

Go to bed Grandpop.

I cannot imagine the Albion will follow up on your advice, no matter how well intentioned, but you never know, Duffy could turn out to be the next .......Duffy...... Roly Poly Alan, that is ! (1970-72)

Sleep tight !![/B]

:wave:

:smokin:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:yawn: Again.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
is it time of the month or are you fishing for an argument with BG:eek:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
South Stand Zealot said:
By jingo, Dougdeep, your posts really add to the depth of conversation don't they !

Compared to you I'm Einstein. When will you realise that you type a lot, but you don't say much?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BG is entitled to his opinion on who he thinks might be a good signing for the club. However, it is pointless posting it in ask the club. Insider has said on a number of occasions that team matters are for the manager and that he is very well informed on who is available and would be beneficial to the team. It just wastes his time.

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
RANGDO

Couldn't agree with you more.

BG is a time waster, bless his cotton socks, and as for DOUGDEEP, well his concentration level is obviosly very poor. Keeps nodding off when sentences are more than 3 words long !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
South Stand Zealot said:
According to the Grandpa of Wee Ben Nevis this hot shot striker at Falkirk is
available and raring to make it big time down here with the Sassennachs. See "Messages to Club"

BG, according to his NSC profile, saw Albion first gain promotion to the old (very old 2nd Division) in 1957.

BG is an "expert" on a lot of things.

Unfortunately he can't even get that seminal season for the Albion correct.

Rather curiously I was at Brentford on Monday 28th April when we lost 1-0.

I cheekily turned to a Brentford supporter who was very full of himself (because the Bees had won and gone top - it was the very last season of the old 3rd Division (South) with just one team being promoted) and said "No worries ! We'll beat Watford 6-0 on Wednesday ! And of course we did. And I was there. And it was 1958.

Go to bed Grandpop.

I cannot imagine the Albion will follow up on your advice, no matter how well intentioned, but you never know, Duffy could turn out to be the next .......Duffy...... Roly Poly Alan, that is ! (1970-72)

Sleep tight !!

:smokin: [/B]

It was actually 1957/58 Season. Rightly or wrongly I class the year of promotion as the year that particuialr season started perhaps I am wrong who is to say? Only you high and mighty one.

Re: Darryl Duffy if you were to read it properly you will see that I did say I thought that it may have been written somewhere before but wasn't sure and for the time that it takes PC to read a post and answer it I would not think that it causes him any trouble or effort.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
South Stand Zealot said:
RANGDO

Couldn't agree with you more.

BG is a time waster, bless his cotton socks, and as for DOUGDEEP, well his concentration level is obviosly very poor. Keeps nodding off when sentences are more than 3 words long !

Obviosly! It's easy to nod off when you're on here.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:
This from a genius who never makes a mistake and came from a school where the entrance examination standard was very high (his words)

Theres a difference between a spelling mistake due to lack of education and a typing error :rolleyes:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
South Stand Zealot said:
. . . . . . Rather curiously I was at Brentford on Monday 28th April when we lost 1-0.

You bring back memories. At the end of that season we had three matches to play (Watford A, Brentford A & Watford H) and we needed three points to be league champions. I saw all three matches. In those days it was two points for a win and one point for a draw.

Those games were played on Saturday 26th, Monday 28th and Wednesday 30th April. They have the nerve to talk about over-crowded fixture schedules of today.

At Watford we were under the cosh for much of the game. I think that it was with about ten minutes to go that we managed a bit of pressure. Peter Harburn had a shot blocked on the line of the goal that I was standing behind. The ball came out to Frankie Howard who let fly. Again the shot was blocked on the line. The ball ran out to Dennis Foreman who lashed it in to the net. We went berserk. I actually landed up across the perimeter fence winded. We held on to our lead and won one nil.

At Brentford we had much more of the game than we did at Watford. It was end to end stuff with Eric Gill in superb form between the sticks. He was eventually beaten however. He was off of his line having just punched a ball out. A central defender lobbed it back and it crept in just under the bar. We lost one nil.

The game against Watford at home is history. Adrian Thorne scoring five goals out of Albion's six and we were promoted for the first time in our history. Indeed happy days!

(PS. Stop bitching girls!)

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
respect to the old boys ..............................do any of you remember the little bruvvers from worthing not sure if they were twins or not ,i always remember them getting on the train in east worthing........

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Darryl McDuffy of Falkirk

Waterhall Wizard said:

The game against Watford at home is history. Adrian Thorne scoring five goals out of Albion's six and we were promoted for the first time in our history. Indeed happy days!

(PS. Stop bitching girls!)

If I remember rightly was there not rumours of that game being 'fixed' and some days later the captain of Watford committed suicide for whatever reason. Or is age confusing my mind.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
junior said:
Has this thread actualy got anything to do with Darryl McFlurry from Falkirk?

It started that way but due to me saying we got promoted in 1957 and not 1957 season it moved on to discuss the game that got us promoted.

I still feel that with MM friends and contacts up in Whisky land he could have somebody have a look at him. To score 23 goals at any level means he knows where the goal is which is 50% towards being a succesful striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here