Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Currie

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just saw this on the beeb's website:

"Ipswich have put a £2m price tag on Darren Currie in an attempt to fend off Leeds United's interest in the midfielder. "

What a great bit of business he's been for both us and Ipswich. We got him for nothing then 6 months later sold him for 250,000. Now Ipswich 18months later could sell him for two million.

But would the signing of Carole and Currie be the kind of signings you need to make if you want to get promoted to the prem? Or are leeds trying to be the Chelsea of the championship by buying every half decent player available?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Two million is taking the mickey a bit. Guess if they get half that they'll be happy.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hope he hasn't lost his pace. :jester:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
DAMANCLAY said:
And this is for a fella cast out by Wycombe, good bit of scouting by MM there.

I notice this bit of transfer business is conveniently ignored by McGhee's more fervent detracters

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Voroshilov said:
I notice this bit of transfer business is conveniently ignored by McGhee's more fervent detracters

It's not business yet. It's speculation. In fact, lets slap a £2m tag on Chalie Oatway, that'll stop the vultures from circling :lolol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BUTTERBALL said:
It's not business yet. It's speculation. In fact, lets slap a £2m tag on Chalie Oatway, that'll stop the vultures from circling :lolol:

What? I think he was talking about talking a Wycombe reject and turning him into a good championship player and seeling him for 250k not what Ipswich are asking for him.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Voroshilov said:
Amazing eh? And that for a player who, while undoubtedly skilful, would fade almost to the point of invisibility during the second half.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Man of Harveys said:
Amazing eh? And that for a player who, while undoubtedly skilful, would fade almost to the point of invisibility during the second half.

So did that not make it a good piece of business? He made us a fair few points in that half season aswell.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Im pretty sure it is their to deter us from making a bid.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
BUTTERBALL said:

I wasn't referring to the speculation, I was referring to the signing of a lower league journeyman who had never played at championship level who we then sold on for £250k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here