Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Currie

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
What are the 'administration issues' that prevented us from signing Currie in the transfer window?

The positive thing is that it sounds like he wants to come back judging by the interview in the Argus but the negative is that Harford doesn't want to loan him out.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I believe it's referring to the fact that Luton are currently in administration, rather than problems with paperwork etc.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
...and because of the tranfer window, you cannot buy players contracting to another club...which is the reason why the transfer window is a bad thing for lower league football!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
did anyone seriously think he would come back.

i think we should take the hint and move on!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I understand what you mean, but the fact that he sounds keen himself is probably likely to keep a lot of fans thinking its going to happen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was the fact he was left out of their squad for the last game which had me believing this would happen.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I Don't Rate Him. Takes A Decent Corner, But Adds Nothing Else. He Can't Run, Tackle or Head. He Might Be Okay In A Free Role I Guess, But We Have Better Players Comng Through The Youth Team. Trust Me - Chamberlain Will Go Far. I Know

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Bars, you really have just proved you know f*** all about football.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Be fair. He did suggest Jake Robinson should be played at left back at Cheltenham in a 3 man defence.

I think that would be a shrewd move.

Robinson Was Meant To Be An Ashley Cole Type Left Back Rather Than A Centre-Half, But Feel Free To Twist My Opinions You Bully

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Please Correct Me Where I Am Wrong?

mostly the part where you typed.

But if you insist on specifics, if tackling and heading were important to a creative midfielder or winger then half the midfielders in the Premiership wouldn't be any good. Can Giggs tackle? can Joe Cole or SWP? as for running, Currie does lack pace but if you've actually watched him you would know he makes up for that with intelligence and reading the game. Decent corner? Yeah, along with excellent passing, distribution, and one of the best crossers to be seen at withdean. Just what you want from a winger i reckon.
:salute:

I'm with Bars Mar on the FACT that Currie isn't all that. He's capable of taking free-kicks and corners straight into the arms of the keeper, and nothing else. Slow, weak in the tackle, easily beaten when defending, and really not seen in a match unless he's taking set pieces.

Honestly, if he didn't take free kicks - no-one would even know he was playing.

In answer to beorthelm - Currie can't do ANY of the things that the players you mentioned are good at.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
mostly the part where you typed.

But if you insist on specifics, if tackling and heading were important to a creative midfielder or winger then half the midfielders in the Premiership wouldn't be any good. Can Giggs tackle? can Joe Cole or SWP? as for running, Currie does lack pace but if you've actually watched him you would know he makes up for that with intelligence and reading the game. Decent corner? Yeah, along with excellent passing, distribution, and one of the best crossers to be seen at withdean. Just what you want from a winger i reckon.
:salute:

You, My Friend, Are A Clown. All Those Premiership Players You Mention Can Tackle. They Also Have Loads More Pace And Talent Going Forward Than Currie. That's Why He's Choosing Between Luton & Brighton.

I Would Prefer To See Scott Chamberlain Given A Go Who Is One of The Best Passers Of The Ball In The Albion Squad - But You Wouldn't Know Given As You Haven't Seen Him Close Up

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
We were selling players by the bucketload prior to the prefered bidder being announced. Once that happened the prefefed bidder leant the club some money which meant we didn't have to sell anyone.

Wilkins is just using the administration excuse because we didn't want to sell/loan him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here