Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Bent not going to WC

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Sunderland have a bigger ground and a massive budget.

Sunderland have a bigger ground than Spurs, but that won't be the case once White Hart Lane is redeveloped; however, even now I'm sure their income is far higher than Sunderland's: the 36,000 at Spurs will be paying a lot more than 40,000 at Sunderland. Sunderland is a poor place and the disposable income of the average supporter is very low. Sunderland's budget since Niall Quinn became Chairman has been bigger, in real terms, than at any time since the sixties. It remains lower than Tottenham's though, and the gap between the two clubs' budgets can surely only grow bigger, particularly when there are 58,000 at every Spurs home match in a few years time.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sunderland have a bigger ground than Spurs, but that won't be the case once White Hart Lane is redeveloped; however, even now I'm sure their income is far higher than Sunderland's: the 36,000 at Spurs will be paying a lot more than 40,000 at Sunderland. Sunderland is a poor place and the disposable income of the average supporter is very low. Sunderland's budget since Niall Quinn became Chairman has been bigger, in real terms, than at any time since the sixties. It remains lower than Tottenham's though, and the gap between the two clubs' budgets can surely only grow bigger, particularly when there are 58,000 at every Spurs home match in a few years time.

I really liked your ground by the way, we drove up this season (sadly) and was really impressed with the ease of getting a parking space etc.

Atmosphere was great as well

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You can't talk about ambition with the other factors playing a part. If Man U said finishing in fourth was there goal, they wouldn't be ambitious

And in Spurs' position finsihing fourth was ambitious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here