Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dark Horse for promotion

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is there any one team other than the more obvious Weds/Charlton/Saints/ Hudds etc that you think may be capable of pushing their way into the top 2?

I've got a sneaky feeling that Oldham may force their way quite high over the next couple of months, they have quietly been going about being around the top for a while now. Also thought that they were one of the better teams I've seen at Withdean this season.

Any others?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Brentford. I thought so at the start of the season and thay have shown why in recent months. Realistically, if anyone goes on a run of form in this Division they could go up, very little to choose between the teams perhaps apart from Saints and Hudders who really should be doing better.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I was going to suggest Oldham too.

Few months ago I think it'd had to have been B'muff but they're selling players left right a center rumours that Pugh there nifty (8goal) LW is going to Southampton, So I cant see them doing more than mid table now.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Swindon for the play offs is my tip arriving into them with a fair bit of momentum

Not sure I want to meet them in the playoffs again :lolol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I was going to suggest Oldham too.

Few months ago I think it'd had to have been B'muff but they're selling players left right a center rumours that Pugh there nifty (8goal) LW is going to Southampton, So I cant see them doing more than mid table now.

Even if they do let Pugh go they've still got Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Is there any one team other than the more obvious Weds/Charlton/Saints/ Hudds etc that you think may be capable of pushing their way into the top 2?

I've got a sneaky feeling that Oldham may force their way quite high over the next couple of months, they have quietly been going about being around the top for a while now. Also thought that they were one of the better teams I've seen at Withdean this season.

Any others?

Um..............you don't mention us ?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Notts County getting their act together,& the bald ginger crim is well hungry for goals

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Um..............you don't mention us ?

Could that be because a team that's been 8 points clear and on top for 3 months could never be considered a dark horse do ya reckon?

A win on Friday and the Two Professors could have picked the darkest horse. Hope he's wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the thread title is wrong it should read dark horses for the play offs because I cannot see any club coming in late for the automtaic places 1 of which will go to Wednesday with Mandaric throwing money around in January as per usual for him. For all of his faults he has always been good for a club in that respect. Mind you he could be sharing a cell with Arry soon but I doubt it.

On the last bit how did he pass the FA fit and proper rule to take over Wednesday with a charge related to his dealings at another club hanging over him . Surely the FA should have refused until that had been settled one way or another.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Other than the usual suspects I reckon Hartlepool will cause mayhem in the second half of the season and migth sneak in.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Brentford. I thought so at the start of the season and thay have shown why in recent months. Realistically, if anyone goes on a run of form in this Division they could go up, very little to choose between the teams perhaps apart from Saints and Hudders who really should be doing better.

I put Bees in my "four for the play-offs" on another thread. They beat Southampton at St Mary's, so that's looking good, I excluded Soton.

But I did put in Swindon to general ribaldry, still think Danny Boy may get it together after Xmas. It's a very open division even now, with the leaders faltering...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here