Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Wilson

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
blockhseagull said:
Surely some of that flak for that performance against Stoke must fall at the feet of the players though.... they looked uninterrested and seeing as some were still playing for contracts i was disappointed

One respected ex player said on the day the players looked like they were trying to get Mcghee sacked.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
blockhseagull said:
Well all of the things levelled at MM could also be levelled at him, players out of postion, falling out with players etc

oh yeah and he is not mentally stable :lolol: :lolol:

And Adams was?! :lolol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
One respected ex player said on the day the players looked like they were trying to get Mcghee sacked.

I tend to take things like that with a pinch of salt. You never know we may have just been shit not just trying to get anyone sacked.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
I tend to take things like that with a pinch of salt. You never know we may have just been shit not just trying to get anyone sacked.

I concur - but it you would think he would sort of know if the players were trying?

ho hum.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
blockhseagull said:
Well all of the things levelled at MM could also be levelled at him, players out of postion, falling out with players etc

oh yeah and he is not mentally stable :lolol: :lolol:

I like that fact hes not all there !..... he took QPR to 11th in the championship last year, and was doing a good job again this year with very little money.

As far as available managers go hes one of the best available in my opinion.

it looks like MM is staying to me though.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Marshy said:

it looks like MM is staying to me though.

Me too - its all about finances here unfortunately so he will stay, unless DK offers him a job 'upstairs' and gets a new man in with the Kuipers money/wage savings

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Wanderer said:
If DK had wanted DW, he would have hired him instead of MM in the first place, wouldn't he?

He wanted to, but Brizzle City wouldn't let him talk to us as he was still under contract and they were 2nd in League 1.

I'd rather have Wilson than Mcghee anyday - At least he has some passion

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Stinky Kat said:
Personally I think the place needs a 'spring clean' rather like when Adams came in.

Spring clean is fine as long as the right players are available. Adams was lucky that El Fayed decided to throw money and bring name players in which meant the team Adams started to build at Fulham could be reassembled at Brighton. With that we had a built in team spirit already evident. Even then it took a season to kick in.

Starting now with new players could well be a problem. You really need to bolt them on to what we have already. Plus our financial predicament will dictate how many we could bring in and it probably wouldn't be many. Usually it is best to let a team evolve rather than completely break it up.

Oct 25, 2003
i don't like danny wilson at all

had he not played for us NO-ONE, NO-ONE i say would suggest him

got barnsley to the premiership, and....err......f*** all else

big wow

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
And he got Barnsley to the Premier League.

Wow, thats where anysort of success stops. Least MM has 3 promotions and could have easily had another with Wolves had he not resigned.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not getting Bristol City up automatically was a MASSIVE cock up, he had all the tools but wasn't good enough for the job. MM has done it three times and both automatic and thru the playoffs.

Why would we want him, just to satisfy those who want MM out at any cost?? :nono:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Stinkers Bridge said:
I'm not sure about Danny Wilson. I suppose 'Mary's Prayer' was a decent enough commercial hit, but in truth, what else did they do??

I don't really know if they could do a job or not?

I made such a big mistake when I was Marys Prayer.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Theatre of Trees said:
Spring clean is fine as long as the right players are available. Adams was lucky that El Fayed decided to throw money and bring name players in which meant the team Adams started to build at Fulham could be reassembled at Brighton. With that we had a built in team spirit already evident. Even then it took a season to kick in.

Starting now with new players could well be a problem. You really need to bolt them on to what we have already. Plus our financial predicament will dictate how many we could bring in and it probably wouldn't be many. Usually it is best to let a team evolve rather than completely break it up.

Adams took a lot of the players to Brighton that had got Fulham out of the basement league, but we then replaced by those that El-Fayed's money was able to bring in. El-Fayed did not get involved in Fulham until they were in the then second division.

E

enigma

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
And he got Barnsley to the Premier League.

Which was an amazing achievment, but that was back in 98 and his career has gone downhill sine then.

Wilsons not actually been sacked yet but he is having a crisis meeting this morning with wankleman apparently. It seems that wankies press man, lee (bnp writer) scriven, was a bit premature in releasing the information of what the outcome of the meeting is to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here