Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
On the stream I watched, the commentators were saying that they first checked for offside, then when he wasn't, they checked for handball.

No, I don't mean the goal by Lalana, I mean the glaring miss by Danny in the first half, from Lamptey's cross

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I still think staying up will depend on keeping Lalana fit He is still the only midfielder who gets anywhere near supporting the frontmen. Now we have got Bissouma doing well as defensive midfielder when Lalana is not playing surely Propper, Alzate etc can play further forward

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
a little known fact. . Danny Wellbeck's dad Stan is a bomb disposal expert !

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would start with Welbeck whenever possible,and I'd try Swiss Andi with him for a couple of games... then see where we are

Agree Welbeck has to start........Swiss Andi looked lively but let’s see. Got to be worth a punt, Maupay has no confidence at all and Connolly isn’t quite up to it yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Welbeck’s a class act.

Other than the Villa Park goal, it took an age for him to get match fit and find his form, but he’s made vital contributions with his all round game and goals.

Veltman, Lallana and Welbeck ..... great business with buys/loans ..... TB/DA/PW :bowdown:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I thought he was superb today, great work rate and the twist and shot for the goal was pure filth.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Another year? Yes but we need to phase him out as that season goes on. He has moments of brilliance still but the injuries have taken their toll and his pace is declining.
What a goal today though and would be a great squad man and option. However, with so few goals from midfield we really need more from our strikers.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As has been noted elsewhere, if we get rid of Welbeck now we have to replace him AS WELL AS signing another striker, which (a) limits our budget per striker and (b) means we'd have to shell out a decent sum simply to stand still, not a good idea when the idea is we'll be improving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here