Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What an absolute shower if our new regime can't find better than a sicknote who last scored 5+ Premier League goals in 2013/14. For context, that was Oscar Garcia's year in charge, before he was succeeded by Hyppia.

Football has moved on since then. Welbeck isn't up to it anymore.

Embarrassing wasting wages on both him and Lallana.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

What an embarassing pr1ck you are.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What an embarassing pr1ck you are.

And you are a prick for for not allowing somebody to express there point of view. You might not agree with them it doesn't mean you can slag them off you soppy ****.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
100% needed a third striker, so assuming he can get fit, could be a decent option to take some pressure off Maupay.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm not overly excited about this one, but considering it's nice to have a fourth striker, picking up one with a load of England caps and appearances for man utd and arsenal, still under 30 years old, isnt exactly a bad option in that role.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
100% needed a third striker, so assuming he can get fit, could be a decent option to take some pressure off Maupay.

It’s ‘assuming he can stay fit’ judging by the following statement from the club:

“Welbeck will wear squad number 18 and is expected to be available for selection for next Monday’s match against West Bromwich Albion at the Amex.”

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It’s ‘assuming he can stay fit’ judging by the following statement from the club:

“Welbeck will wear squad number 18 and is expected to be available for selection for next Monday’s match against West Bromwich Albion at the Amex.”

Warming the bench to start with

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
We're a few seasons away from signing a 25 year old Welbeck, but I personally think it's a fantastic signing. Yes, I appreciate the if he stays fit thing, but the experience he brings to our side just like Lallana is worth his signing on fee on its own. If he chips in with a couple of goals along the way, brilliant but I reckon just having seasoned players in and around our up and coming squad is invaluable

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Rattling on about "if he stays fit " , who could have predicted what happened to Van Djik yesterday ? Not a sicknote by any means, but one shit tackle has probably ended his season.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I think Maupay needs a spell on the bench. A top premier league striker does not cut back into their favoured foot when one on one, they tuck it away.

I know he has four goals but two were penalties. Maybe he starts against West Brom but for me he needs a rest.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This signing has a distinctive KITSON klaxon about it for me, but unfortunately we've left ourselves in a position of just needing to get a body in the door.

His legs are made of Weetabix. Hopefully Potter can coax some games and performances out of him, and I'm happy to have another striking option at least, but remain dubious as to how much we'll actually end up getting out of the fella.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
This signing has a distinctive KITSON klaxon about it for me, but unfortunately we've left ourselves in a position of just needing to get a body in the door.

His legs are made of Weetabix. Hopefully Potter can coax some games and performances out of him, and I'm happy to have another striking option at least, but remain dubious as to how much we'll actually end up getting out of the fella.

I'll see your Kitson and raise you a Dobbie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here