Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Shittu

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I like my centre halves scarey. Do you remember when we had John MaGrath on loan from saints back in the early 70s? Could barely move but no forward went anywhere near him!

Doug the Thug was another classic hard man. As I say, not the names you'd pick in any best ever team but I think every team needs a meat head.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Don't ANY of you actually remember him playing here??

He makes Elphick look like Franz Beckenbauer. A monster in the air, sure, but he hoofed just about everything he got either ninety yards up the pitch and straight to our keeper or (more often) directly into touch.

The most agricultural defender I think I've ever seen. Can't see Gus fancying him for one second.

I remember him being a horrible bastard to play against , a proper dirty tackler and a completely and utter wind up merchant - one of the players who pissed me off most whenever we played against QPR at Loftus Road

however I can't seem to remember us WINNING against QPR their many times at Loftus Road so he must've done an alright job :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I remember him being a horrible bastard to play against , a proper dirty tackler and a completely and utter wind up merchant - one of the players who pissed me off most whenever we played against QPR at Loftus Road

however I can't seem to remember us WINNING against QPR their many times at Loftus Road so he must've done an alright job :thumbsup:

I don't doubt he was solid as a rock, it was just his complete lack of any other footballing ability that put me off. They must have had nets on the roofs at QPR to catch all the balls he hoofed to infinity and beyond.

Utter donkey IMHO, how he ever played Premier League football is laughable.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No chance... he wouldn't come...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He's too busy appearing in the remake of the Green Mile to sign for us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here