Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

danny graham is the 'no.9'

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Orlandi as much as said the players are all pissed off and morale is low.

ZERO sympathy from me if so, what is happening now is 95% down to their uselessness in front of goal. OK Gus is starting to look like a one style hairdresser :)smile:) with some of his formations recently but this poor run of form can be laid squarely at the player's feet - no pun intended

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
ZERO sympathy from me if so, what is happening now is 95% down to their uselessness in front of goal. OK Gus is starting to look like a one style hairdresser :)smile:) with some of his formations recently but this poor run of form can be laid squarely at the player's feet - no pun intended

So team morale etc has nothing what so ever to do with man management, in your book???

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So team morale etc has nothing what so ever to do with man management, in your book???

When they've been in a position to win virtually every game and f***ed it up ? That'll be a No from me. Frustrated as I am with some of Gus's recent tactics at home, He has been BADLY let down by inept finishing from all over the pitch..not just CMS

If we'd won a few more games I guarantee they wouldn't have low morale.

I wouldn't be vaguely surprised if they are trying to shift the blame just like you are though.

D

Deleted member 2719

When they've been in a position to win virtually every game and f***ed it up ? That'll be a No from me. Frustrated as I am with some of Gus's recent tactics at home, He has been BADLY let down by inept finishing from all over the pitch..not just CMS

I wouldn't be vaguely surprised if they are trying to shift the blame just like you are though.

I know what your saying but i feel Gus bought these forwards but he can't get them to score on a consistent basis surely Gus has to take a lot of the blame.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I know what your saying but i feel Gus bought these forwards but he can't get them to score on a consistent basis surely Gus has to take a lot of the blame.

He does when he keeps picking such lightweight forward lines, I agree. It's just that I do have sympathy with him because he has sent out teams that SHOULD have won the games and the idea that the players can blame anyone but themselves just pisses me off :shrug:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

I can see what you saying. But it is still his job to lift them, like it or not, that's a vital part of his job and he is not very good at it. Keep telling someone they are shit and as sure as eggs are eggs, you will get shit from them. Some players need a kick up the arse, some need an arm around the shoulder. And I'm sorry if you don't agree but that's a massive part of the managers job, if not the biggest part of his job.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And I'm sorry if you don't agree but that's a massive part of the managers job, if not the biggest part of his job.

The biggest part of his job is managing a football team the rest is just detail of descending importance. Yes of course he needs to be able to gee up the players and yes he has obviously fallen short recently but it's a two way street and the players have to be able to accept their shortcomings. Maybe Gus needs to buy a player with genuine top drawer leadership skills and respect from the other players, he could shift some of this responsibility to mollycoddle and give players hugs as well as bollock and cajole on the pitch. Said it a few times now, but we do not have a player like that. Not sure Poyet likes really strong characters around the place though tbh. Just a gut feeling, no inside knowledge.

In his defence he has done a great job in getting KLL back on track, yetserday he was making tackles and tracking back in a way he wouldn't have even tried a year ago.

D

Deleted member 2719

He does when he keeps picking such lightweight forward lines, I agree. It's just that I do have sympathy with him because he has sent out teams that SHOULD have won the games and the idea that the players can blame anyone but themselves just pisses me off :shrug:
But likewise he has sent out teams that have been negative at home. I am afraid that i am old fashion and like to see a home side be positive and rip into away side for at least the first 20 mins and give the home crowd something to get behind them.
I don't like players doubting there managers either but it must be hard when you feel the boss is effectively putting pressure on you by not playing you in the best way to suit your style.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The biggest part of his job is managing a football team the rest is just detail of descending importance. Yes of course he needs to be able to gee up the players and yes he has obviously fallen short recently but it's a two way street and the players have to be able to accept their shortcomings. Maybe Gus needs to buy a player with genuine top drawer leadership skills and respect from the other players, he could shift some of this responsibility to mollycoddle and give players hugs as well as bollock and cajole on the pitch. Said it a few times now, but we do not have a player like that. Not sure Poyet likes really strong characters around the place though tbh. Just a gut feeling, no inside knowledge.

In his defence he has done a great job in getting KLL back on track, yetserday he was making tackles and tracking back in a way he wouldn't have even tried a year ago.

Gus will NEVER buy a really strong character with a big reputation, your right about that one 100%.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

The players shoulder a lot of the blame - but who acquired them? Who picks the team? Who instructs them not to play with any attacking intent? Who is so shit scared of losing, he cannot set-up his team to provide any attacking threat?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
One call to Orlandi or Dobbie and I don't think we will be seeing Mr Graham anytime soon, unless he plays against us...Orlandi as much as said the players are all pissed off and morale is low.

Any reason given for the low morale ... Poyets management maybe and consistently playing people out of position won't help either

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
he scored in the premiership yesterday ffs, gives you idea of where he is staying.

Lots of fringe players get games over xmas because usual starters are tired, injured, suspended etc... doesn't mean that they will be playing for the same club at the end of the window. Michu will come back into the side when fit again and Graham will drop back to the bench. If rumours are correct about Swansea signing another striker he may drop out of the squad altogether.

Not saying he is coming here, but playing on Saturday doesn't mean alot.

Same could be said for the likes of Vaz Te, Lescott, Jerome etc... all got a run out, but not likely to be at their clubs much longer

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lots of fringe players get games over xmas because usual starters are tired, injured, suspended etc... doesn't mean that they will be playing for the same club at the end of the window. Michu will come back into the side when fit again and Graham will drop back to the bench. If rumours are correct about Swansea signing another striker he may drop out of the squad altogether.

Not saying he is coming here, but playing on Saturday doesn't mean alot.

Same could be said for the likes of Vaz Te, Lescott, Jerome etc... all got a run out, but not likely to be at their clubs much longer

Exactly, if Swansea and Laudrup can pick up another striker for next to nothing from Spain like Michu then Danny Graham will be available.

As much as I would love him, Im sure there would be a bit of Premier League interest in him I would think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here