Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Cullip wanted to come!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Giraffe said:
No its not! We are not made of money. Signing a defender now would be like signing Henderson when we did. Priority was always midfield and up front. You are living in the past.

I dont think I am......He could still do a decent job...at the end of the day..Gregory is no mug and he believes he can do it at championship level so is he wrong aswell?

Not even going in for him and wasting valuable wages signing that big clown up front will be a serious mistake!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
byf said:
I dont think I am......He could still do a decent job...at the end of the day..Gregory is no mug and he believes he can do it at championship level so is he wrong aswell?

Not even going in for him and wasting valuable wages signing that big clown up front will be a serious mistake!

so we need cullip as cover for butters, lynch, el abd, cobbs, hinshlewood, hinshlewood, mayo, o'cearuill and elphick?

we have loads of great defenders, and our attacking powers are very limited, it is obvios we need to spend the money on that, and not more defenders

cullip is a great player, but we dont need him, we may as well leave him at legend status by leaving him in the past and remember all the great things he did such as the header against chesterfield

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Its not about cover I would start him and get these young pretenders playing as a team......great defenders??? where are these then?

Butters is more or less done...lynch is good but will go in the summer....as for hinsh(injured all the time)...el abd looks better in midfield and as for mayo,o'cearuill and elphich are all poor!

I dont believe are only problem is the lack of a goalscorer...the team is crying out for a leader.....cullip is that and more...you call him a bully at the end of the day how much success did we have with the so called bully?

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
byf said:
Its not about cover I would start him and get these young pretenders playing as a team......great defenders??? where are these then?

Butters is more or less done...lynch is good but will go in the summer....as for hinsh(injured all the time)...el abd looks better in midfield and as for mayo,o'cearuill and elphich are all poor!

I don't believe are only problem is the lack of a goalscorer...the team is crying out for a leader.....cullip is that and more...you call him a bully at the end of the day how much success did we have with the so called bully?

You my friend are living in the past, for starters he only managed to play 22 games last season due to injury, what do you propose we do for the other 24 games?

He is a bully, he's certainly not liked by the youngsters in the squad, ask Will Packam what he thinks of him. He was a good captain when the squad was made up of journeyman players who would respond to his style of captaincy.

You might also like to consider that he was captain when we had one of the best squads in the lower two divisions and we had a striker who scored 30+ goals a season. We always scored more than we conceded, also he played along side one of the best defenders we had in a long time ... Simon Morgan. It is no surprise that we suffered when Morgan retired.

He wants to move back to Sussex as his wife didn't want him to leave in the first place. I find it ironic that he spent the last two years at the Albion desperately trying to leave and now he wants (apparently) to come back. You reap what you sow.
He was a great player for us, I'm not convinced he's a legend but still a very good player, but QPR are welcome to him, as for Gregory's abilities as a manager ....... his record speaks for itself :rolleyes:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Well were all welcome to our opinions...we as a club are in a mess on and off the pitch..things are going very wrong out there..I feel he would have helped and not hindered our currant plight.

Only time will tell.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
byf said:
Well were all welcome to our opinions...we as a club are in a mess on and off the pitch..things are going very wrong out there..I feel he would have helped and not hindered our currant plight.

Only time will tell.

Opinions are great, but are just that opinions.

The club has always been a mess off the field, even when we were in the old div1. The closest analogy I can think of is that the club is a rowing boat that has sprung a leak and the directors are balling out the water as fast as they can (the waters up to the gunnel's), unfortunately they are using a small cup rather than a bucket. If we had our own ground they could have the required bucket or even fix the leak. No, the has club always been on the edge having no ground just makes it more noticeable.

As for the playing side of things, I'm a lot more confident after Saturday. Lynch looks more comfortable, mayo seems to be playing better, Bertin was only on for ten minutes or so but I think he will make the difference, and Ward is the play maker we need. Upfront is not a straight forward but I still think we will score goals. Granted we haven't recently but the fact that we took 5 from 9 points is pleasing.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Just absolutely baffled at the signing of savage........Dont think I will ever get over that one!

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
byf said:
Just absolutely baffled at the signing of savage........Dont think I will ever get over that one!

His past record is crap, but looking at the players that DW has got in or wanted too and the fact that they have been pretty good, I'll reserve judgement as he obviously see's something in the guy also I believe Coppell recomended him. He did alright on Saturday, he held the ball up and passed well, so let's see ....

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
byf said:
You don't like us signing black players, do you? You booed on another thread when someone mentioned he was black. It's difficult not to take that into account when seeing whether to take any notice of your opinion of him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo said:
Yeah, what a joke, we wouldn't waste £3k a week on a player past his best who wouldn't pass a medical so we wouldn't be able to get insurance on him either.

He did well in the past for us but thats gone now, we don't need him.

Not that I agree with the idea that Danny would want to come back, however your points above cannot go without comment

just how do you know he wouldn't pass a medical?

how do you know we wouldn't get insurance?

Do you think QPR would sign a player they couldn't get insurance for?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Man of Harveys said:
You don't like us signing black players, do you? You booed on another thread when someone mentioned he was black. It's difficult not to take that into account when seeing whether to take any notice of your opinion of him.

Dont have problems with black players...I do though have a problem with us signing rubbish balck or white players...

The guy is proven to be rubbish and to solve our sriker problems weve now ousted out elder from the picture and brought in a guy who's got the ball control of an elephant

Yoda

English & European
byf said:
Rubbish..dont need cullip indeed!

Well were so good arnt we????

Allpositions we look crap...forward is priority..but as for saying we dont need him is quite ridiculous.....

Three clean sheets in a row in the league speaks for itself. The defence is doing fine again.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Dave the Gaffer said:
Not that I agree with the idea that Danny would want to come back, however your points above cannot go without comment

just how do you know he wouldn't pass a medical?

how do you know we wouldn't get insurance?

Do you think QPR would sign a player they couldn't get insurance for?

He failed a medical at scumhampton a few years back, but then again he moved to Sheff U and Forest so he can obviously pass a medical, and I can't believe QPR would sign him if he failed a medical but he's on a free. However 22 games in a season is a poor return on investment

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
byf said:
Dont have problems with black players...
So why did you boo in response to someone saying he was black?

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
byf said:
Dont have problems with black players...I do though have a problem with us signing rubbish balck or white players...

The guy is proven to be rubbish and to solve our sriker problems weve now ousted out elder from the picture and brought in a guy who's got the ball control of an elephant

No he doesn't his ball control wasn't bad, if anything he's very similar to Elder.
I think you'll find that Elder wasn't ousted but he's not fully match fit and still needs a couple of reserve games, however I think he'll make an appearance tomorrow. As I said before Coppell recommended him and DW been pretty good on picking players so give him a break

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Comments from qprdot.org

"Cullip shouts and screams, and is clearly very pasionate about his job, we could hear him from the upper loft, he is the sort of defender we have missed this season, he dominates and drags the defence along with him, marshalling it with real authority.......................... the one bad thing i noted was that Stewart seemed a little out of sorts, it doesnt look like he liked being shouted at by both Bolder and Culip, infact it looked like he doesnt get on with culip, he refused to go and celebrate the first goal, even though Cullip was screaming at him to come over."

On the other hand, first win in 5 weeks, first time since New Year's Day we've conceded less than 2 goals in the league, first win by more than 1 goal since the beginning of November. Not all down to Cullip of course ...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yoda said:
Three clean sheets in a row in the league speaks for itself. The defence is doing fine again.

Mainly because we have just played teams with the poorest form at the moment. We conceded two goals at Bristol just two weeks ago.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
SussexHoop said:
Comments from qprdot.org

"Cullip shouts and screams, and is clearly very pasionate about his job, we could hear him from the upper loft, he is the sort of defender we have missed this season, he dominates and drags the defence along with him, marshalling it with real authority.......................... the one bad thing i noted was that Stewart seemed a little out of sorts, it doesnt look like he liked being shouted at by both Bolder and Culip, infact it looked like he doesnt get on with culip, he refused to go and celebrate the first goal, even though Cullip was screaming at him to come over."

On the other hand, first win in 5 weeks, first time since New Year's Day we've conceded less than 2 goals in the league, first win by more than 1 goal since the beginning of November. Not all down to Cullip of course ...

Cullip..still a hero...exactly what we need in the team in general instead of this furry duster aproach by wilkins and co!

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
byf said:
Cullip..still a hero...exactly what we need in the team in general instead of this furry duster aproach by wilkins and co!

Hero's don't piss off team mates, An Albion Legend wouldn't spend the last couple of years at the club trying to leave .....

Not rated at Sheff Utd, nor Watford and Forest didn't want to keep him, QPR have him but how many games will he play?

You'll get done for stalking if you carry on like this:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here