Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Baker to front 6-0-6 again

Sep 20, 2005
Gully said:
I reckon this would be a good thing, in the early days 6-0-6 was full of humour, now it seems to be full or Premiershite fans whinging about refs, Mourinho and the quality of their prawn cocktail sandwiches.
Two or three weeks ago on 606, some bloke phoned up complaining about Arsenal's new ground. His 'problem' was that at half-time he and his guests had gone for a drink at the bar. When they got back to their seats he was disgusted to find that the game had already re-started. "There hadn't been a bell, or an announcement or anything." he moaned. Alan Green, or Mr Spoon, or whoever it was, mumbled something about 15 minutes being the accepted norm for the half-time break.
The man said he wasn't being petty, but these tickets were very expensive and words to the effect that the least the club could have done was to ensure that he didn't look foolish in front of his guests.
Danny Baker would have eaten him alive.
Sky and the Premiershitt have ruined football.
In my opinion.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
1959 said:
Two or three weeks ago on 606, some bloke phoned up complaining about Arsenal's new ground. His 'problem' was that at half-time he and his guests had gone for a drink at the bar. When they got back to their seats he was disgusted to find that the game had already re-started. "There hadn't been a bell, or an announcement or anything." he moaned. Alan Green, or Mr Spoon, or whoever it was, mumbled something about 15 minutes being the accepted norm for the half-time break.
The man said he wasn't being petty, but these tickets were very expensive and words to the effect that the least the club could have done was to ensure that he didn't look foolish in front of his guests.
Danny Baker would have eaten him alive.
Sky and the Premiershitt have ruined football.
In my opinion.
That's f***ing outrageous.

Listening to 606 these days, I mean.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Money talks unfortunately, is there anyone who reckons the Champions league is more entertaining than the old European Cup because I think it is largely garbage, same old, same old.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gully said:
Money talks unfortunately, is there anyone who reckons the Champions league is more entertaining than the old European Cup because I think it is largely garbage, same old, same old.
Erm, me. It IS far more entertaining, you don't get many mismatches these days, and it's all on the telly - but it comes at an unacceptably HUGE cost:

1) One European cup has had to be canned
2) The other European cup is now a nothing plate competition
3) By the second group stage, it's the same teams every f***ing year.
4) Teams from smaller leagues now have little or no chance of progressing.
4) The cash generated by the Champions league mean that the league competitions are dominated by the previous seasons champions league qualifiers. Never mind big leagues like Germany, in smaller leagues like Norway and Denmark, this has ruined the competitive nature of those leagues.

1066gull

Simster said:
Anyone else bored SHITLESS of listening to premiership armchair fans making an annual pilgrimage to their club's home and immediately phoning to WHINGE about the ref?

Dull. :yawn:
Sounds a bit like our fans on SCR.:lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hope I'm wrong but don't think the Baker-meister will ever be invited back to host 606 :down:

BBC Sport seem to like their enthralling recipe of dull presenters, dull callers and dull achingly dull subjects.

Does ANYBODY like Alan Green? Apart from Alan Green, who evidently loves himself.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
When it first started it was all sports - I am not sure there would be demand for an all football phone-in. I remember Danny Baker requesting calls from chess fans ............

He is bloomin funny - but ever so often steps over the line into self-indilgence. But he doesn't give a fig.

I was so upset when Mellor took over I saw him coming out of Loftus Road not long after and shouted "Oi Mellor ....." he turned around with slightly worried celebrity I've-been-recognised-smile "you fat tosser!".

Happy day.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
I don't mind Alan Green.
Dam sight better than dull Ray Stubbs.
Getting Danny Baker back though would be brilliant.
God knows what all the stuck-up middle class pricks who follow Premership football now cause it's fashionable would make of him?
IF THEY FOLLOWED FOOTBALL BEFORE THE OVER HYPED PREMEIRSHIP STARTED THEY WOULD KNOW!
Anyone remember the Women who was seeing a couple of Chelsea players at the time but could not say who they were
as she was seeing both without the other one knowing?
She phoned every week with a update.
Danny Baker meet up with her in a pub one night to see if what she was saying was true and she really did exist?
HAMPSHIRE DAVE:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Always remember Baker promoting fans united day and supporting us during the Archer and co Era.606 was so good when he did it.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Its a tough choice between Alan Green on five live or Terry fecking I'm a manc Christian on Talksport. Both as shite as each other these days :(

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bry Nylon said:
Does ANYBODY like Alan Green? Apart from Alan Green, who evidently loves himself.
No. And the same goes for Mark Lawrenson as a match summariser. He doesn't like Alan Green either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here