Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daniel Vogt-Longange on trial

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Several trialists will be used by development squad chief Luke Williams over the course of pre-season, including 18-year-old Swiss striker Daniel Vogt-Longange, formerly with Italian club Monza.

Anyone know anything about the lad?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
vogt.jpg

Daniel Vogt - Auf einen Blick - transfermarkt.de

His personal interests on his Facebook page lists Jesus Christ at the very top.

Improve Your Experience | Facebook

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

I have no idea who both the teams are, or what level they play at, or even the best in the league, but I love how both teams keep the ball on the deck and pass it. English game is so far behind this. It's not even flamboyant passing, just basic, simple stuff, something that English teams struggle with so badly

As for Vogt-Longange, no idea which one he is ha ha

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I like his nickname - "Long" - you can certainly see why :)

Seems to have a reasonable left foot and certainly tall enough. Serie C to the Championship? Who knows?

edit: strike that! By the look of it he has only just signed for Monza from a junior club in Switzerland so the "jump" in class is more like Sussex County League to Championship - bit like Charlie Jr- odd that he should sign for Monza and come straight here on trial?

Last edited:

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
From the Facebook page:

Artist Name: LONG
Name: Daniel Vogt-Longange
Date of birth: 26.11.1993
Birthplace: Zürich
Height: 1,89
Nationality: Swizerland (DR Congo)
Position: Striker
Foot: play with booth foot

Oh and that was a copy and paste so don't blame me for the spelling!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Like Adebayor apparently...

Colpo del Monza che ha chiuso l'accordo per l'arrivo in biancorosso del talentuoso attaccante, classe '93, Daniel Vogt Longange. Il centravanti svizzero ricorda molto per fisico e movenze l'attaccante del Manchester City Emmanuel Adebayor e si legherà al club brianzolo per i prossimi tre anni. A scoprirlo è stato l'agente Fifa Marco Giulini che l'ha scovato in terra elvetica nelle fila del Fc Alstetten, club di quarta divisione svizzera. Vogt Longange si è messo in luce nei Try Out di Monzello di luglio, dove ha ben impressionato e convinto la dirigenza monzese ad ingaggiarlo.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Like Adebayor apparently...

Colpo del Monza che ha chiuso l'accordo per l'arrivo in biancorosso del talentuoso attaccante, classe '93, Daniel Vogt Longange. Il centravanti svizzero ricorda molto per fisico e movenze l'attaccante del Manchester City Emmanuel Adebayor e si legherà al club brianzolo per i prossimi tre anni. A scoprirlo è stato l'agente Fifa Marco Giulini che l'ha scovato in terra elvetica nelle fila del Fc Alstetten, club di quarta divisione svizzera. Vogt Longange si è messo in luce nei Try Out di Monzello di luglio, dove ha ben impressionato e convinto la dirigenza monzese ad ingaggiarlo.

That's what I can't quite get my head round. He has literally just signed a three year deal for Monza - "just" as in the last few weeks - but he appears here on trial? Does that mean he is potentially shit hot and we got beaten to him by Monza who can now demand a fee? Or does it mean he is shit and Monza are desperate to cover their mistake? :lol:

Very strange timing

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
That's what I can't quite get my head round. He has literally just signed a three year deal for Monza - "just" as in the last few weeks - but he appears here on trial? Does that mean he is potentially shit hot and we got beaten to him by Monza who can now demand a fee? Or does it mean he is shit and Monza are desperate to cover their mistake? :lol:

Very strange timing

It is weird... But didn't he sign for them last summer?

Regardless of this - I WANT him.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Very strange timing

Hopefully means he's good and Monza have made sure they'll get some kind of fee for him.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Sounds like he's being considered for the Development Squad. Can't see how he'd be ready for the first team. Could be bad news for Roland (Dennis is my uncle) Bergkamp.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Not surprised we're looking to recruit some new players for the development squad. With Agdestein and Rodgers seemingly part of the first team squad for pre-season (for now at least), Forster-Caskey and Kasim both out on loan, and a host of last season's players released/out of contract (Simmonds, Redwood, Hall, Walker etc..) - it must be looking pretty threadbare at the minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here