Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Daniel James

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Please stop trying to spoil people's fantasies through the use of facts.

It was fantasy to suggest that the James deal happened very quickly regardless of whether it was a year on from their previous attempt?

You need to up your sarcasm level a bit, as it’s not even close to fantasy, unless you know it had been going on through out the summer, on which I accept you may have more knowledge than us on.

I appreciate that you probably have to toe the club line to a degree but…allow us mortals a little moan :smile:

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
It was fantasy to suggest that the James deal happened very quickly regardless of whether it was a year on from their previous attempt?

You need to up your sarcasm level a bit, as it’s not even close to fantasy, unless you know it had been going on through out the summer, on which I accept you may have more knowledge than us on.

I appreciate that you probably have to toe the club line to a degree but…allow us mortals a little moan :smile:

The Leeds documentary on Netflix or Amazon or whatever it was showed that they had had James in the building, knew all about him, knew that he had wanted to come previously, presumably done all their due diligence on him, so settling on terms would have been relatively quick, yes. But surely there is more to 'a deal' than haggling over money. Identifying the right player, talking to him, finding out if he'd fit. Unless you go the Sunderland way when they take a punt on someone they've barely heard of.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Leeds documentary on Netflix or Amazon or whatever it was showed that they had had James in the building, knew all about him, knew that he had wanted to come previously, presumably done all their due diligence on him, so settling on terms would have been relatively quick, yes. But surely there is more to 'a deal' than haggling over money. Identifying the right player, talking to him, finding out if he'd fit. Unless you go the Sunderland way when they take a punt on someone they've barely heard of.

I would NEVER suggest that we don't due diligence on incoming players :lolol:

We have got very few wrong recently, but quite a few have slipped through the net, especially forwards, for whatever reason :shrug:

I comment, not go into full angry meltdown when we continually fail to get PL ready strikers in, in my defence!

I also accept that a few posters on here absolutely refuse to find any fault at all with anything the Albion does or doesn't do

That said, these are FABULOUS days to be an Albion fan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here