Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Desperate As Ever! Leeds report...

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
From Leeds' official website:-

"The goal began down the right hand side where former Huddersfield defender Jamie Vincent got the better of Harding and put in a low ball into the middle of the 18-yard box where it was smashed home on the volley by Hutchison."

Anyone want some Schadenfreude with their Deja Vu?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
bit harsh on Dan. He played well and did not look out of place. yes he did get beaten but it was not an error on his part. The goal was brilliantly taken by Hutchinson I would like to add.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
B.M.F said:
He played well and did not look out of place.

Well he wouldn't would he? He's playing the same standard of football he was playing last season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If we're talking about ex Brighton defenders

The Terriers had levelled when Danny Cullip clumsily fouled Danny Schofield and Abbott slotted in the penalty.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Don't think I would have been drawing attention to anything remotely negative on the Celtic site about Virgs - were such a thing ever possible. Which I'm sure it won't be.

The creeping, sly dishonesty around Harding's last season and his ignominious departure will always tarnish his standing down here.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Gilliver's Travels said:
Don't think I would have been drawing attention to anything remotely negative on the Celtic site about Virgs - were such a thing ever possible. Which I'm sure it won't be.

The creeping, sly dishonesty around Harding's last season and his ignominious departure will always tarnish his standing down here.

What I don't get is that Harding's agent must get quite a reasonable fee generally, and especially so by getting Harding a transfer to Leeds because they spend a fortune on agents. Surely part of the agent's job is to advise Harding including the best way to conduct himself professionally. He could have left regardless but a simple word in his ear from his agent about his conduct would have saved all the bitterness towards him.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
i thought harding didn't look too comfortable today. At the end he seemed glad to be getting off the pitch- perhaps the leeds fans are giving him stick already :lolol:

Whatever - 19 more games to £50,000.

London Irish said:
Whatever - 19 more games to £50,000.

Don't count your chickens.

Leeds got rid of Seth Johnson 1 game before they had to pay Derby another £250,000.

Nah, Ken Bates hasn't forked out £450,000 to bolster his reserves.

Rangdo said:
Surely part of the agent's job is to advise Harding including the best way to conduct himself professionally. He could have left regardless but a simple word in his ear from his agent about his conduct would have saved all the bitterness towards him.
I surmise that most of the problem with Harding's contract here (and the manner of his departure) is down to his agent and his bad advice.

I'm given to understand that the agent in question doesn't represent any other Albion player.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Lord Bracknell said:

I'm given to understand that the agent in question doesn't represent any other Albion player.
Shame! If he can get us £850k for a pile of shit like Dan Harding, then imgine what he could do with Mark McUsless

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Rangdo said:
What I don't get is that Harding's agent must get quite a reasonable fee generally, and especially so by getting Harding a transfer to Leeds because they spend a fortune on agents. Surely part of the agent's job is to advise Harding including the best way to conduct himself professionally. He could have left regardless but a simple word in his ear from his agent about his conduct would have saved all the bitterness towards him.

Yeah but it's a sad day when footballers need to be told how to behave like human beings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here