Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think £7m isnt far off the mark tbh.

Add 3-5m and I think we would take it.

If BDB has told Potter he’d like to go, I doubt we’d stand in his way by asking stupid money. However, it needs to be £10m+ for an experienced EPL ‘in form’ defender who could start having MotM performances from the off.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Part of the question is, 'how good is Dan Burn really'? Valuations of 10-15m are still factoring in the belief he isn't 'that' good, he's really a reserve CB and he's in a purple patch.

But if he really is the player who has kept Lukaku quiet, dictating play from the back - then he's a 30m+ player.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
All Newcastle want right now, are effective, experienced, short term signings, who are capable of digging the club out of a hole, and preserving their Premier League status.

The bigger name, more glamourous players come in August, when that objective has been realised, (presuming that it has of course).

Is the correct answer !

BDB would be a squad player (if they stay up )after this seasons over , and would be dumped when Eddie signs someone more sexy , :D, like
Tyrone Mings , lol

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wouldn’t be surprised if TB strung the Saudis along til the last minute and then pulled the plug, leaving them to sign Colin Hawkins or Glenn Thomas on D Day!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wouldn’t be surprised if TB strung the Saudis along til the last minute and then pulled the plug, leaving them to sign Colin Hawkins or Glenn Thomas on D Day!

Completely possible………..

16332AAC-A8E8-4422-9F34-888A67DE5B4D.jpeg

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Also not in our best interest to help out a struggling team who can spend big next year. Better we don't let them have Burn just yet if he can keep them up.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

Colin Hawkins scored my favourite OG v Hartlepool. Bullet header. Very similar to Webby last weekend. Lost the man he was marking well, ghosted into space, and put in a bullet, that our keeper (Sullivan?) had no hope of saving. Fantastic effort.

Different goal celebration though. Webby went for the pump it up in front of the fans, and Colin went for the more understated face in the turf.

Halcion days.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Burn has been close to MOTM for the last 5 games I think we would be silly to sell for the £10-15 million that some are quoting. I know this is heresy but I don't see either Dunk or Duffy unseating him on current form. It will come down to how much Burn wants to go....

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Colin Hawkins scored my favourite OG v Hartlepool. Bullet header. Very similar to Webby last weekend. Lost the man he was marking well, ghosted into space, and put in a bullet, that our keeper (Sullivan?) had no hope of saving. Fantastic effort.

Different goal celebration though. Webby went for the pump it up in front of the fans, and Colin went for the more understated face in the turf.

Halcion days.

Your memory fails you. Much more like Alan Clarke winner in 1972 cup final :)[video]https://fb.watch/aNtqnn2YN-/[/video]

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I absolutely love BDB as a player and a character. One of my all time favourite players. As a slightly shorter gangly tw@t, I feel a wonderful empathy with the great man. He really cannot go!

PLEASE TAKE NOTE SIR TB!

TNBA

TTF

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If just about anyone other than those ****ers offered over £10m for BDB then I’d be very tempted, however not them, no not them.
If they haven’t signed a CB by Monday they will get more desperate.
What I’d really like to happen in the next day or two is for a club like Liverpool to bid for ASM.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The more I think about the more I think [MENTION=149]timbha[/MENTION] nailed it……Uncle Tony will string them along until the window is about to softly close, and then SLAM the phone down.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Burn has been close to MOTM for the last 5 games I think we would be silly to sell for the £10-15 million that some are quoting. I know this is heresy but I don't see either Dunk or Duffy unseating him on current form. It will come down to how much Burn wants to go....

Like when old whatsisname wanted to go to Burnley? ???

It will all be down to what Mr Bloom decides, based in part on what Mr Potter recommends.

You may recall the Ben White affair......

The club will only shrug its shoulders and piously fail to stand in the way of the player's heartfelt desires when those desires (and the price) mach those of the club.

We're not little old humble 'God Bless You Guv'nor can you spare me a shilling, oh thank you guv'nor', Brighton. Any more.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The more I think about the more I think [MENTION=149]timbha[/MENTION] nailed it……Uncle Tony will string them along until the window is about to softly close, and then SLAM the phone down.

May I respectfully draw your attention to post #96

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here