Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Honestly think I'm just too critical, was interested to see what anyone thought here too. I mentioned it to my mate and he also called me bonkers, but I felt like his game against Palace was the best I've ever seen him. I think it is unfair of me to compare a game against Palace to Chelsea since as a whole there was just less time on the ball so naturally players won't look as comfortable. Maybe I was too fixated on Burn making Lukaku look like a retired Heskey to appreciate Adam :D

About turn!! (In a Sergeant Major shouty voice)

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The way Burn completely bossed Lukaku, which was really not out of character or surprising IMO, indicates the quality he has, not to mention his versatility and unorthodoxy.

I wouldn't sell him unless it was for silly money TBH, maybe 20+ million, particularly to the Saudis, but all depends on what Burn's thoughts are...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They have so much Wonga it's obscene. If we sell to them then at least rinse them for a sensible figure of £20m plus. Wood went for £25m and is older so we should be getting at least £20m which is now chump change to them.

Good point, I'd rather have Burn than Wood in our team.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Love BDB even when he has played poorly - because when he has played poorly it has been when asked to play in a position not really suited to him. Great attitude, great skill for a tall bloke like me. So pleased for him and us when he scored the gangly winner against City last season (one added to my list of Great Amex Moments, never to be forgotten). £7-10m is probably a "fair" price for his ability but he is worth so much more to us under Potter, so needs £10m added. Plus another £5m because of the Saudis.

Wish him well if he goes (never bitter about a player going to his home town club) but if he does go I would not be surprised in the least if he does not perform as well as he does here in this team and under Potter.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Also, whatever anyone thinks, £7m is nothing for an experienced player like Burn now.

Baring in mind we are spending figures reportedly of £8m for Sima, and considerable sums for Kozlowski, Caicedo, Sarmiento, Zeqiri, Mitoma, and Ulrick-Ella, all young and yet unproven players with a hope that one or two will develop and prove their worth, £7m for an experienced player like BDB is way too little.

For just £7m I'd prefer him to stay and see out his contract. If an offer went close to £20m or the player threw his toys out of his pram and wanted to leave, only then should we consider it.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
For just £7m I'd prefer him to stay and see out his contract. If an offer went close to £20m or the player threw his toys out of his pram and wanted to leave, only then should we consider it.

£7m is a joke. **** right off. Somewhere in the £15-20m range is probably fair for all parties.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ll miss him, since he moved to his natural position he has been one of our best players match in match out. Most improved player of the season for me now he is in the right position. He didn’t disgrace himself out of position, well apart from when Traore terrorised him for 45 mins last season :lolol:

I get why he might want to go but I hope he doesn’t

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If we can get 15 million I think we need to let him go. There will be a large part of Burn wanting to go, plus a huge pay rise no doubt.

Add to that his age, contract time left and the fact we need to create space in the squad for Ostigard/Van Heck/Roberts/Dendoncor/Turns it seems like a deal we will have to make.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
It's already being reported (usual dodgy sauces) that Newcastle are looking to Liverpool to get Nat Phillips now that they have been rebuffed for Burn.

Possible Loan to Buy, Liverpool want £15m.
Phillips has played precisely 0 minutes of PL football this season.

He wasn't bad for Liverpool last season, but Burn is a better centre half (albeit 5-6 years older) and should be priced at that mark as a minimum.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We do need a song for BDB.

How about

Big Dan Burn, my lord
Big Dan Burn

Big Dan Burn, my lord
Big Dan Burn

Big Dan Burn, my lord
Big Dan Burn

O Lord
Big Dan Burn

Not too tricky to learn the words.

Jul 20, 2003
Played 12th most minutes this season for top half team + 'who scored what' rank him our 8th best player this season + We don't need to sell him +They desperately need some players of his quality + The clock is ticking on the transfer window + They're rich as Croesus = £20m +

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Played 12th most minutes this season for top half team + 'who scored what' rank him our 8th best player this season + We don't need to sell him +They desperately need some players of his quality + The clock is ticking on the transfer window + They're rich as Croesus = £20m +

…plus the ‘negotiating with the Lizard’ premium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here