Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dan Burn signs new deal

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Good news, has performed way above expectations this season.

Great player to have in the squad as I have confidence in him whether playing centre or left back. Also seems like a decent bloke with a good, professional attitude.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I like big Dan, but it is hilarious to be fair when he tries to go past anyone with the world's worst step over

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
So you are saying Graham Potter is a liar?

I'm caller no one a liar, least of all GP. Mooy could well have had a slight knock which kept him out but I heard he was in negotiations with the Chinese for a move to the Chinese league when he was supposed to be out injured. I think it is all above board but it's worrying to think we may be the first Premier League club to be offered his signature but it would be in his best interest to seek his fortune in China. No brainer for a player in the latter part of his career IMHO. Just passing on information I heard from a very reliable outlet.:shrug:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hmmmm may be a problem with signing Mooy. He didn't play against Everton not because he was injured but because he was negotiating a deal to play in China. He is not our player yet and one of the conditions was we would be the first Premier League club offered for his signature come the end of his loan spell. I realise there is a wage cap in China but he could earn a great deal more than at Albion. This deal did not materialise atm but the wages on the table sure it would have turned his head., he is 28 and not many more seasons of top flight football left.....we shall see.
The other bad news is West Ham want to sign Duffy.

Is this true, and where did you get this from? You can't choose to not play games and get paid.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Personally, I believe that when everyone is fit, Dan Burn is on the bench. A bit of a James Milner style character, he's going to play plenty of games because he offers our team multiple solutions in various formations and we know that we'll pick up injuries and suspensions to left backs/centre backs. Burn is a crucial player for a manager like Potter who wants to vary up the formation midgame and knowing he's got Burn in the side means we can start with a back 3 and easily push him to left back without compromising his performance, or having him as a left wing back if needed.

When we signed him, I thought it was the least understandable transfer we'd made. But it was never about the immediate short term, it was about the quality of the squad in the longer term and I'm glad that the club had the foresight and the vision to be thinking a transfer window, two or three in advance. What a change from even just 5 years ago.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Excellent, we've missed him on the wing as a long out ball from Ryan and his presence in the oppo box from corners and set pieces, sooner he's back the better.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Excellent, we've missed him on the wing as a long out ball from Ryan and his presence in the oppo box from corners and set pieces, sooner he's back the better.

He is needed on the wing because 90% of Matty Ryans kicks go out for a thow in.
BDB being 6-10 tall, is the only player on the league who can get a head to them :wink:.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I think the back 5, should we need them will be Montoya Webster, who isnt there yet but could be by next season, Dunk and Clark who is similar to Webster and Bernardo unless we sign a Montoya replacemernt in the summer. As I said Burn is a good 25 man squad mermber but not as many say POTS material. Mooy or Macallister if he is returning and depending on his fitness Izzy if not we need an upgrade on March. A GM replacement obviously is needed to complement Maypay. In the starting X1 Stephens Propper Gross and Trossard are more than adequate. Alzate, Bissouma AJ and Connolly will be in the 25 man squad and not let us down if needed.

So you are promoting Clarke, who has had half a season at Derby, partly injured, over White who has been raved about at the top of the Championship
with Leeds.......how bizarre:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here