Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth joins Newcastle

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Would have thought both Newcastle and us would have wanted this move done a while back if it was going to happen given that we're very close to a transfer window.

Would be very surprised if he could join straight away anyway, surely a period of gardening leave would be built into his contract to prevent him taking this windows targets to another club?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The dreaded Duncan Castles is the source.

The very same who told us that we were singing Edouard.

Typical journo. Inventing shite up and generalising the source as 'close to Brighton' which could mean the bin man at Hassocks Station. The Edward saga proves he has zero source inside of the Club and is just a hack trying to create stories out of no information.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So he’s been offered 2m a year, I wonder how that compares to his current deal

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
This has gone a bit quiet hasn’t it ?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Naylor said (yesterday I think), the situation was 'ongoing'. Makes me think we are trying hard to keep him.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Also in Newcastle press, quotes from NUFC stating that they are casting the net wide and looking at multiple candidats for the DOF role....

hopefully code for 'number 1 choice aint sure'.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Typical journo. Inventing shite up and generalising the source as 'close to Brighton' which could mean the bin man at Hassocks Station. The Edward saga proves he has zero source inside of the Club and is just a hack trying to create stories out of no information.

I presume the sauce 'close to Brighton' is actually Iain McGarry, who knows TB and was briefly employed as a media consultant when we were first promoted to the Premier League.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I presume the sauce 'close to Brighton' is actually Iain McGarry, who knows TB and was briefly employed as a media consultant when we were first promoted to the Premier League.

Does that make him reliable?

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Ashworth should know that, ultimately, he’d be working for a narcissistic murderer. This is the normalising platform. He doesn’t care for anything but himself. Another Xi/Putin who can rot
in hell.

Bringing endless death and destruction into the world. I apply my 15th century sexist dialogue and but I own Inter Milan and Newcastle so the lads must like me.

Return to your torture dungeon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This has gone a bit quiet hasn’t it ?

The fact that talks have happened and there has been no announcement makes me think one side may be getting cold feet and reconsidering

Cue announcement in next hour :facepalm:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Obviously have no idea what DA’s (or Newcastle’s) thinking is, but If they do choose each other I think it suggests a man Bloom could probably do without. Whereas I’m absolutely confident Potter won’t entertain the advances of another club until he has done the job here, DA simply hasn’t yet. Our goal is to become an established top ten club. An ambitious and skilled DofF would be determined to finish that job before looking elsewhere. We shall see.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we stop prevaricating on this and get a decision please? :smile:

I can’t imagine that money is the problem, so why the long delay?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
As I said before, if he wants to work for that scum and take the enormous salary then he can **** off. Otherwise, he is a man of integrity and I hope he stays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Its a big decision for him, If he stays its a big statement on our part that we kept both Ashworth and Weir, and no one can say we forced them or they didn't have a choice.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Warren Aspinall mentioned on Radio Sussex that Dan Ashworth was at Everton with Tony Bloom.
I realise he's still employed by the club and would normally be at the games anyway, but it's encouraging that he was in attendance rather than not being there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here