Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Damn stupid road hogging BMW 4X4

I saw one of these kinds of things last week.
A pedestrian jogged across a 1-way road just East of George St in Hove, and the black 4x4 that wanted to suddenly and quickly go from Church St up that road had to slow for him.
The driver leaned out the window shouting "idiot", to the appropriate "f*** you" from the pedestrian.
Was the walker right? He has as much right of way as the car-driver, surely?
His decision to cross the small road entrance so swiftly was only influenced by the oncoming car - who had no intention of giving any right-of-way to a mere pedestrian.

Have these drivers got too big for their 4x4s?

On another journey, myself driving down London Road, a woman crossed that road without even looking for oncoming traffic. Though I was about 75 yards away, no other cars around, and doing less than the limit, she sauntered so nonchalantly that I had to stop. I honked and gave her a questioning shrug, and she gave me the finger and shouted "you can see me"!
I told her to wander across the motorway then, and have a great time as a moron.

Who was right, and had all 'right of way'?
To my mind, she should get a 'jaywalking' ticket - but we don't have such a thing here do we?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Had an BMW X5 driver come flying up the wrong ramp in a multi-storey yesterday and nearly in to me, followed by them giving me this 'what are you doing there?' look when I stopped dead and didn't move. Ended up having to let him squeeze by and continue the wrong way around a 1-way system car park....

It appears you need to leave any driving inteligence you had back in the dealers - along with the indicator stalks - when you buy them.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I find that if they get really angry with you, a friendly smile and a gentle wave does wonders.
If you blow them a big sloppy kiss :love: as well (if they are male) they get really really upset. Similaly when you give a big wave :wave: at them as you catch them up at the next set of red lights. Also if you can give way to buses, and on dual carriageways ensure you drive parallel to and at the same speed as a neighbouring bus - its within the speedlimit after all and ensures that everybody is safe....

Has anyone else noticed that BMW appears to sell indicators as an optional extra? They must be phenominaly expensive since no BMW driver appears to buy or use them, ever!!!

Can't stand tailgaters, when they start flashing their lights it does my box in, I always make sure I slow down even more and flash the brake lights in their face 3 times for every flash they give me just so they get the message.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here