Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dalglish moaning about having to play two games in 48 hours!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Fair comment. Kettle black and all that.
Although to be fair, the expectations of LFC in the two games are probably a little higher than ours were at the time.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Although to be fair, the expectations of LFC in the two games are probably a little higher than ours were at the time.

Surely everyone's expectations are equal, whether you are Liverpool or Lincoln City? That comment is far to much a 'bigger than you' statement.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's all relative though isn't it, our game against Leeds was very important for us, as much so as Liverpool game in there eyes. At the end of the day though we stood no chance in getting our game moved.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't know what he is grumbling about, I once managed two games of hockey consecutively, that is around 140 minutes playing. Admittedly it was about eight years ago and I was somewhat fitter than I am now, but I didn't need two days in between games to recover, and I played on the wing which is hardly a place that you can go to hide and take it a bit easy!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I once played a double header on a Sunday morning having been out on the Saturday night on the lash. And it was on one of those pitches at Stanmer Park that's on a massive slope. Bloody modern day footballers don't know they've been born.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's a moany old bastard, end of.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Rubbish. The Leeds and certainly Palace games were every bit as important to us. In fact, so much so that virtually every Brighton fan I know thought the Liverpool one was almost irrelevant and wanted us to play the kids.

I wish we had. That week really f**ked us up and since that was in part down to Liverpool pulling rank and refusing to play on the Tuesday, I'm probably not alone in having no sympathy for Dalglish at all.

D

Deleted member 2719

He has always been a bleating Scot, Can't stand the man, but his daughter is a different thing.:love:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Gully, you can hardly equate your efforts against the pace of Premiership football

Of course I can't, but highly paid professional athletes should be able to cope with two games in 48 hours, when a bloke who only played sport for fun and pushing forty at the time managed to keep going for the best part of two and a half hours.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I will try again. I feel KD comments are wrong considering what we suffered.
My other point is in regard to club expectation. Other than ourselves we may have not been expected to beat palace (sad) or more probably leeds by the outside world. Liverpool are expected to win all their games whoever they play, its a double edged sword.
As to the man himself (KD) his biography is interesting, and worth a read to the football fan as he is still in a top job. He can be very sarcastic and loyal, but very rarely mean or unfair. He is however very shy for someone in the public eye and has a great, in not misunderstood sense of humour.
In regard to big clubs getting their own way, hasn't it ever been thus?

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
If LFC were playing a L2 club I am sure he would not mind as much....more just the nature of the opposition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here