Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Farm....this morning is attempted eviction time (merged)

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
guaranteed injuries and arrests....

all very medieval - siege, drawbridge, watchtowers.

pretty stupid for 2011 really.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Dale farm.

Looks peacefull lol.

How are they going to move on now as there setting there caravans on fire.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I see that here are lots of 'racist' cards being played today, however ...

... it's becoming clearer to me that the word "travellers" is a misnomer. What the families want to do is live together, easily and cheaply. They probably also feel safer living in these family groups, with so many people prejudiced against them. In the worst cases the grouping together of families becomes some sort of private fiefdom, fuelled by a sense of injustice and prejudice, where normal laws don't apply (see the slavery story eg and various experiences from posters on here). What we see around Brighton in the summer months is the groups of families "travelling" in the traditional manner (not dissimilar to families going on holiday to the same place every year), again easily and cheaply.

Whether or not people should have the right to do this is up for debate. The urge to live like this is probably quite a primitive one - for safety (hardwired for survival of your family genes?). Most people in this country lived near to brothers, sisters etc in towns and villages a few centuries ago. But that's the way of life they are defending - and they don't care how it affects others, because they are used to being condemned by others.

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Surely being travellers they won't mind f***ing off somewhere else. Preferably they could travel off a cliff.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
'Traveller' is just a neutral word for a group of people, cynical and/or ignorant people have been saying "If they are travellers why do they not keep travelling?" etc. There are settled bedouin throughout the Arab world, they used to travel, now they don't, but they have kept their identity as 'Bedou'. 'Traveller' is a term of reference for a particular sub-group of people, not an description as to how an individual might live one aspect of their life. They might 'travel' they might not.

This whole thing has been mismanaged for years by the local authorities and now it's come down potentially to the impossible situation where news video could be beamed around the world showing British bailiffs/police dragging screaming women and children out of their homes (illegal or otherwise, they have been ipso facto their homes over these past years).

If anyone relishes seeing scenes like this on their TV tonight then they need to take a long, hard look at the state of their common decency and humanity.

Last edited:

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
If anyone relishes seeing scenes like this on their TV tonight then they need to take a long, hard look at the state of their common decency and humanity.

That be me. Fair dos might not be the kids fault, but we need to stop these people taking liberties. Just because they are a minority or a sub-people or whatever they want to label themselves, doesn't mean they should get special treatment. If I park up on private property I will get dragged kicking and screaming away so why shouldn't they?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
By all means express your opinions on this subject, but keep them within the realms of what can be classed as Sensible, this thread is being watched and we don't want it getting out of hand, debate by all means :)

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Hmmm can't stand them bet crime rate will dramatically drop in the area.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I don't care who they are, they built homes without planning permission and have to pay the penalty. I can think of quite a few places around mid-sussex where extensions and homes have had to be taken down (scaynes hill nursery being a good example) because they did not have planning permission. Why should these people be any different?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
One of the last forms of accepted racism. What cnuts humans can be to other humans sometimes. Very sad day.
Would you like them living close to you ? If the answer is yes , then you've either never lived close to any, or you lived near the only group in the country that werent only interested in robbing you, and spoiling the atmosphere in all local pubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here