Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Telegraph today

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well we almost went down last year, the bloke who scored the goals to keep us up isn't with us, it's probably a stronger division this season, and while we've made signings at the moment there's no real proof that we're any stronger
Indeed, and don't forget we've also lost HALF the midfield that showed promotion-winning form to keep us up at the end of last season.

Also at the beginning of last season the general consensus was that we had a better manager and better players than those with which we'd finished the previous season - so surely we were going to do better than 7th? It just shows the general optimism of fans that people are saying much the same thing today: i.e. we've got better players now than those with which we finished the previous season. Have we? Time will tell; we may be play-off challengers, mid-table occupiers or relegation scrappers, no one knows at this point - which is what makes it all so exciting!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
As a matter of interest, does anyone know where I can find a DECENT write-up of a League 1 preview?

I recall that there was a brilliant assessment of League One written at the start of last season by a fan on another forum. Detailed, well informed opinion. Can anyone recall who he was? If we track him down he may well have done the same for 09/10

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Four Four TWo have a decent preview even if it does have the view of Richie Morris.

Tho to be fair he said "dont listen to the fans as we dont know anything".

FFT had us at 13th.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Time will tell; we may be play-off challengers, mid-table occupiers or relegation scrappers, no one knows at this point - which is what makes it all so exciting!

The Albion doesn't do mid-table obscurity. Expect another roller coaster ride and a nail biting finish to the season. Again.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The BBCs league one synopsis has about 20 teams challenging for a play off. One straight up and three relegated. And I thought it was 3rd to 6th for the play offs! Shows how much I know?

I am usually very cautious for the forthcoming season but have a good feel about this one. Reckon we are going to wipe a few teams this season, stairting with the SLME (South Londun Muppet Ensemble) in the League Cup.

TNBA

TTF

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Er, 'cos you're shit.

Just a question, I'm not slating you or anything, but I'm assuming because you post here that you must post on a CP fan forum.

Tell me this, is there a BHAFC poster there who periodically turns up to troll your board and annoy people just for the hell of it?

It's a bit of a sad act really, can't you concentrate on your own team and leave us to it down beneath the South Downs?

It's a fair question

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I recall that there was a brilliant assessment of League One written at the start of last season by a fan on another forum. Detailed, well informed opinion. Can anyone recall who he was? If we track him down he may well have done the same for 09/10

Turkey dug this out the other day. Seemed well informed at the time but was just as wrong as any of the other predictions. Us 2nd I ask you.

An Leyton Orient fans view of the upcoming season... - North Stand Chat

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Just a question, I'm not slating you or anything, but I'm assuming because you post here that you must post on a CP fan forum.

Tell me this, is there a BHAFC poster there who periodically turns up to troll your board and annoy people just for the hell of it?

It's a bit of a sad act really, can't you concentrate on your own team and leave us to it down beneath the South Downs?

It's a fair question

Yeah, there are a few. Dougdeep uses his NSC name and has clocked up a few thousand posts on The BBS - CPFC.ORG - Crystal Palace Football Club.

Anyway, its not trolling, its banter. Trolling is a different thing altogether.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
And BTW, I joined NSC 3 months before you, or are you a previously banned user re-incarnated?

I've never been banned from anything in my life, I'm the genuine article, hence my own photo avatar. I'm an expat, and I've lurked on this board for years on and off. I've been a fan a lot longer than that. I'm no troll.

If you think your "banter" is worth it, why do you get sand in your fanny when inevitably you annoy some of the posters here with comments like "You're shit" and they begin abusing you? Or, did you think they'd invite you round to Whitehawk for a house party and give you free beer and a go at their sister?

I can't see the point, I've no interest in the fan boards of any other club in this country, I couldn't even name one. If your presence here is some kind of revenge for a few Seagulls interloping on your turf then crack on. Still doesn't change the fact it's a bit of a sad act you've got running here.

My tuppence worth

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've never been banned from anything in my life, I'm the genuine article, hence my own photo avatar. I'm an expat, and I've lurked on this board for years on and off. I've been a fan a lot longer than that. I'm no troll.

If you think your "banter" is worth it, why do you get sand in your fanny when inevitably you annoy some of the posters here with comments like "You're shit" and they begin abusing you? Or, did you think they'd invite you round to Whitehawk for a house party and give you free beer and a go at their sister?

I can't see the point, I've no interest in the fan boards of any other club in this country, I couldn't even name one. If your presence here is some kind of revenge for a few Seagulls interloping on your turf then crack on. Still doesn't change the fact it's a bit of a sad act you've got running here.

My tuppence worth

It could of course be that this is quite an interesting board and most of the posts have f*** all to do with football? There are quite a few fans of other clubs who have been accepted on here with minimal abuse.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
It could of course be that this is quite an interesting board and most of the posts have f*** all to do with football? There are quite a few fans of other clubs who have been accepted on here with minimal abuse.

Nail on head. If I was a troll, I would do nothing but "banter", however, I tend to stay away from your proper Brighton threads, and only respond on football matters if they are either neutral, or Palace based.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At the end of the days the papers can have us where they want but the bookies have a vested interest in researching their position and they have us 6th, which seems fair.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Nail on head. If I was a troll, I would do nothing but "banter", however, I tend to stay away from your proper Brighton threads, and only respond on football matters if they are either neutral, or Palace based.

Sadley, Big Gay Al here does not seem to be a troll. I think its good that we have some smelly old Craptal Palarse fans on here, hay, they helped us out in the past.

There must be about 5 palarse fans on here? Maybe more. Plus we have stockport and hudderfield and many many others.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Sadley, Big Gay Al here does not seem to be a troll. I think its good that we have some smelly old Craptal Palarse fans on here, hay, they helped us out in the past.

There must be about 5 palarse fans on here? Maybe more. Plus we have stockport and hudderfield and many many others.

Big Gay Al. Has a ring to it. I like!!:kiss:

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Quite a decent one on the BBC - if a little biased. BBC Sussex's Johnny Cantor says we should be pushing for the play-offs... but then most reporters will try to big-up their local teams.

BBC League 1 club by club guide

League One: team-by-team guide to the 2009-10 season - Telegraph

They claim (on the main football page), that this is a 'Comprehensive guide to all the clubs, managers and movers and shakers.'

Aside from the fact that they've written a grand total of one line per team, and that whoever has written that line has clearly not bothered to look at the transfers in and out of the various teams, absolutley no insight whatsoever is provided. No mention of Huddersfield's or our new chairman, our respective spending sprees or of the financial problems of Charlton, etc.

Generally piss-poor journalism. If you are going to do such a crap effort, why even bother in the first place?

As a matter of interest, does anyone know where I can find a DECENT write-up of a League 1 preview?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here