Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Mail

1066gull

How utterly pathetic. :angry:

If you are lost, basically the paper received a backlash over their Jan Moir article on Friday saying 'there was something fishy about Gately's death' and in response to the article have tried to 'embarrass' so called 'Twitter celebrities' we already knew about.

We all knew Stephen Fry is the biggest British Twitter celebrity so any attempt to 'embarrass' him has clearly failed.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Right, sorry, a few problems with this.

1) What the f*** is a fekkik.

2) What is the relation between the Twitter story (a perfectly reasonable one, along with millions of twitter aticles in the daily press) and the one about Gately's death?

3) There is already a big thread on here about the homophobic Gately article.

1066gull

Right, sorry, a few problems with this.

1) What the f*** is a fekkik.

2) What is the relation between the Twitter story (a perfectly reasonable one, along with millions of twitter aticles in the daily press) and the one about Gately's death?

3) There is already a big thread on here about the homophobic Gately article.

Stephen Fry wrote 'Disgusted with Daily Mail's Jan Moir? Complain where it matters. She breaches 1,3,5 & 12 of the code Press Complaints Commission >> Making a Complaint >> Complaints form " (via @kenrayner)'

Phillip Scofield wrote 'Sat down to read up on the day. Dear God Jan Moir I hope when you lie in your bed tonight reflecting on your day you feel utterly ashamed'

Jonathan Ross said something too I think.

1066gull

fekkik; stupid, niave, fool, arse, idiot, moron need i go on?

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
So the Daily Mail tried to embarrass the Twitterers by printing stuff that was already available to the public.

I don't get it. Fekkik.

1066gull

So the Daily Mail tried to embarrass the Twitterers by printing stuff that was already available to the public.

I don't get it. Fekkik.

Yeh. Cos the Daily Mail are dipshits!

Drannit.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Reported her to the press complaints committee earlier...pointed out it breaches codes 1, 3, 5 and 12.

Stephen Fry wrote 'Disgusted with Daily Mail's Jan Moir? Complain where it matters. She breaches 1,3,5 & 12 of the code

So did Wozza point out it breaches codes 1, 3, 5 and 12; or did Wozza point out that Stephen Fry pointed out that it breaches codes 1, 3, 5 and 12?

In the absence of a smile depicting 'sad-arsed celebrity-stalking sheep', I'll have to make do with this one:

:mendoza:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So did Wozza point out it breaches codes 1, 3, 5 and 12; or did Wozza point out that Stephen Fry pointed out that it breaches codes 1, 3, 5 and 12?

In the absence of a smile depicting 'sad-arsed celebrity-stalking sheep', I'll have to make do with this one:

:mendoza:

Of course there is another possibility here.

Wozza, are you in fact Stephen Fry?! :ohmy:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just heard on the news that the article recieved more complaints than all of the other issues in the past five years.

Don't know if that's a combined total, or if you have to go back five years to find something people complained about more...

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Well, one way to stop this disgraceful occurence happening again is to ban the Daily Mail and make everyone read the Guardian, comrades

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Just heard on the news that the article recieved more complaints than all of the other issues in the past five years.

Don't know if that's a combined total, or if you have to go back five years to find something people complained about more...

The Press Complaints Commission has received 21,000 complaints about Jan Moir's article about Stephen Gately since Friday – more complaints in a single weekend than the regulator has received in total in the past five years.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Of course there is another possibility here.

Wozza, are you in fact Stephen Fry?! :ohmy:

Ha. I actually Tweeted about the Moir column before Fry - as did many others.

Lazy journalists have been claiming that Fry 'orchestrated' a campaign against her, but traffic on the subject peaked at 11am, at least an hour before he Tweeted about her.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What I hate most of all is other people taking offence on others behalf. Personally I dont care, it was written by a daily mail columnist for daily mail readers. Now if it was a "broadsheet" or the Beeb or any TV station then I can understand the meltdown.

We like to have a pop at the "idiocy" of the paper so why all the fuss? That article is preaching to the converted!

We know we are all going to die by immigrant invasion soon according the mail and there is no hand wringing, mention that it could be construed as suspicious Gatelys death (and coz he is gay) there is pandemonium!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here