Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fair enough, I hope Sidwell has enough in the tank to last the majority of the season.

Not saying we won't sign another midfielder but CH Is probably as comfortable as he can be losing such an influential player. Sidwell has played at a much higher level than Stephens and has to be a decent replacement. We also have Norwood.

Get a speedy striker and a quality CB and possibly another decent midfielder and I think we're set for a great season.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Soooo, with £7 Mill.in the kitty, is that the tea and coffe back for the 1901'ers, and the Seven Stars bar open to all again? :angel:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So we have the prospect of our opening home league game with no trains, no dale and a failed transfer coup.

This doesn't sit well with me, and yet another season where we can't hold onto the players that will make the difference between automatics and failing at the playoffs.

We are now 3 players short again, 20 days away from the window and unlike last year, anybody coming in will not have had a pre-season to integrate.

I get your drift.

But Dale didn't exactly get us into automatics last season!

It wasn't a failed coup (at least not on our part) the player simply changed his mind after everything was agreed.

I'm happy to sit tight and wait for the close of the window, there may well be decent surprises in store.

As Chris was only saying the other day, the decent players have options and we sometimes have to go that extra mile to secure them.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If accepts means we will bring someone else in as hughton said he wants two per position - otherwise just lying...or means we keep ince.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Premier League - £150 million.
Dale Stephens - £7 million

Tony needs to play the gamble and turn down the offer.
Dale only cost £750k so if he leaves for nothing so what.

But he might want Premier League football now......While he has the chance, Burnley are to give him that chance NOW. Who can blame him really? Plus we have a wad of money (if it's true)

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Meanwhile Sheffield Wednesday get another one of their KEY players to sign a contract extension.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not saying we won't sign another midfielder but CH Is probably as comfortable as he can be losing such an influential player. Sidwell has played at a much higher level than Stephens and has to be a decent replacement. We also have Norwood.

Get a speedy striker and a quality CB and possibly another decent midfielder and I think we're set for a great season.

Not Duffy,hopefully.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Did Charlton have any sell-on clauses?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Premier League - £150 million.
Dale Stephens - £7 million

Tony needs to play the gamble and turn down the offer.
Dale only cost £750k so if he leaves for nothing so what.

Can't turn down SEVEN MILLION for a player who can leave for nish in 12 months time! He's a fantastic championship player who in my view needs Kayal next to him for then Kayal needs him. I've already he said I don't want him to go and I've already said that this is NOT Ulloa and he IS replaceable, if not Norwood then someone at less than half the price we sell him for!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Presumably Burnley gave up on their first choice Hendricks?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Up the road from his home town for a go at the premiership, can't blame him. I'm a huge fan, always have been since his arrival. Lets hope Norwood can step up.
Norwood won't be his replacement.

Let's hope the next midfield signing is decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here