Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Echo

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
That's very subjective. Let's not forget that we were 1-0 with six minutes left. The game's defining moment came when Davies brought down Murray for a clear penalty, which would have seen us 2-0 up. The ref waved it away, Murray went off injured and only after that did Saints start to dominate the game.

It is very subjective, and of course you have to take into account that our season was over (not that that matters - even more so in light of Poyet's comments about beating Southampton meaning more to him than Palace). Lallana coming on was without a doubt the turning point in that game, more so than the penalty I thought. It will be very interesting to see how he tries to deal with him tomorrow bearing in mind the tearing apart he did back in April

Regardless, it doesn't take away that some of Poyet's comments about Southampton and Lambert came across as a bit dickish

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im getting f***ing sick of this. The sooner we have played soton the better so we can all bet back to our ONLY f***ing rivals which is the p a l a c e.

This is really, really macking me off. f***ing hell.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is very subjective, and of course you have to take into account that our season was over (not that that matters - even more so in light of Poyet's comments about beating Southampton meaning more to him than Palace). Lallana coming on was without a doubt the turning point in that game, more so than the penalty I thought. It will be very interesting to see how he tries to deal with him tomorrow bearing in mind the tearing apart he did back in April

Regardless, it doesn't take away that some of Poyet's comments about Southampton and Lambert came across as a bit dickish

The Lallana bit, we can all agree on. Without Lallana they are no more than an average Championship team.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was surprised to read in it that this game means more to their management and players than the Portsmouth game though, not sure their fans will be too pleased. According to them we mean nothing and its all about 'the skates'.

I said some weeks back that I think the same is probably true at the Albion.

Albion fans: Palace games are the biggest.

Albion management and playing squad: Southampton games are the biggest. We have very few home grown players in the squad currently, so they will not have Palace hatred in their blood with which to educate others with. Southampton, on the other hand, comes with a lot of needle because of last season.

They'll not say it, of course, but I strongly suspect it is true.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I said some weeks back that I think the same is probably true at the Albion.

Albion fans: Palace games are the biggest.

Albion management and playing squad: Southampton games are the biggest. We have very few home grown players in the squad currently, so they will not have Palace hatred in their blood with which to educate others with. Southampton, on the other hand, comes with a lot of needle because of last season.

They'll not say it, of course, but I strongly suspect it is true.

And its a f***ing DISGRACE frankly.

Couldnt give a f*** about Saints.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Reading the comments from the real fans on there, it is clear they think that it is only us that thinks we are rivals. I can't think of anyone that I know personally, that consider Saints as rivals. As far as I'm concerned, the skates and scummers are welcome to their rivalry. As for us it's Palace all the way.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Gus's first game in charge was against southampton, I don't begrudge him for southampton games meaning more to him.

I also think fans are able and allowed to see more than one team as a rival, so find this anger at anyone not treating southampton and every team other than palace with complete indifference to be a bit... childish (? I don't know if that's the right word for what I mean)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And its a f***ing DISGRACE frankly.

Couldnt give a f*** about Saints.

As I said, for most Albion fans, and there will be the odd exception, it's all about Palace as it should be.

As has been said many times when discussing Murray - most modern footballers (and managers) are doing a job and have little long-term allegiance to their employer (club) so it's only natural they may have a different focus to the fans from time to time.

Poyet et al have no history with Palace, unlike us.

Poyet does have history with Saints, unlike us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Gus's first game in charge was against southampton, I don't begrudge him for it meaning more.

I also think fans are able and allowed to see more than one team as a rival, so find this anger at anyone not treating southampton and every team other than palace with complete indifference to be a bit... childish (? I don't know if that's the right word for what I mean)

Agreed, but there are different levels of rivalry at play. Palace are right at the top, head and shoulders above any other club. Below that, different people will have different answers based on their own particular history, but I think most would, for example, have Southampton higher than Carlisle.

SaintsFTW

Nov 22, 2010
The Echo is aload of shi*t.
Just try to stir cr*p that isn't there and making up rumours.
Is great Cortese banned them from St Marysm

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
yeah but in reality it IS a big isn't it. it's okay to develop rivalries with teams other than your main rival - how many needle games do other clubs play in, for example leeds have about 20 rivalries going strong.

Yes we hate the scum from croydon and they hate pompey, but in ADDITION to this, we have developed a bit of beef with each other over the last 3 years. I think it's great, would much rather be going to a game that's got a bit of edge to it than, say, Watford away.

And Adkins is still, officially, a numpty.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gus's first game in charge was against southampton, I don't begrudge him for southampton games meaning more to him.

I DO.

Do your f***ing research Poyet. That and you must be f***ing stupid to not realise how much Palace means to the fans.

Stains have Pompey anyway so why the f*** is anyone thinking any different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here