Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Echo

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Saints fans dont have respect for the Echo the way you do for the Argos. There is a far less rapor with the club.

What tickles me is he hasnt even said anything that you could call mind games. TBF he was a bit of a dick last season though.

BTW, what kit are you guys wearing on Saturday. Your away shorts clash with ours but your home shirt kinda does (white stripes).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Saints fans dont have respect for the Echo the way you do for the Argos. There is a far less rapor with the club.

What tickles me is he hasnt even said anything that you could call mind games. TBF he was a bit of a dick last season though.

BTW, what kit are you guys wearing on Saturday. Your away shorts clash with ours but your home shirt kinda does (white stripes).

I think you're mistaking 'to be fair' with 'to highlight a towering pile of ignorance...'

If you're looking at who was a bit of a dick last season, try a hefty dose of introspection.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
..and Naylor in the Argus (today) calls Albion fans on here neanderthal!!!! Like the Echo, poor and lazy sports journalism.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't the "rivalry" start with Adkins' comments about keeping up? I know gus said they were D&R with lambert, but that was after the second game, wasn't it? What did Gus do to start it?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you're mistaking 'to be fair' with 'to highlight a towering pile of ignorance...'

If you're looking at who was a bit of a dick last season, try a hefty dose of introspection.
Not really. Adkins and Poyet were as bad as each other. Both made stupid comments.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not really. Adkins and Poyet were as bad as each other. Both made stupid comments.

Very true. Never mind though.

What is all this shit about it being our Cup Final? How the hell do they work that out? It's no more our Cup Final than it is their Cup Final.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
That story did make me laugh, theyve devoted the back page and 2 inside pages of their rag to it. That Echo journalist is very poor, his articles are always very badly written. To compare Poyet/Adkins to Ferguson/Wenger is laughable.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adkins can be very provocative when he wants (not just to us), whereas Gus is very open and to a reporter hell-bent on causing trouble, he's easy pickings.

Have to say, having seen a few Echo 'stories' from last season, they are a complete joke. Even the national red-tops wouldn't go for the angles they find on relatively innocuous comments from Poyet.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I was surprised to read in it that this game means more to their management and players than the Portsmouth game though, not sure their fans will be too pleased. According to them we mean nothing and its all about 'the skates'.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...BTW, what kit are you guys wearing on Saturday. Your away shorts clash with ours but your home shirt kinda does (white stripes).

Our away kit is lime green and black stripes.

photo6696.jpg

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I shall be laughing and singing and dancing etc all the way back to Brighton when we stuff those donkeys on Saturday, and even if we don't and they went up in the Premier League they have no long term plan as we do and Saints will end up cannon fodder for everyone in the Premiership.
Dont forget Gus has a lot more contacts than Nigel Wankins.
CMON YOU ALBION !!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Poyet didn't take being deservedly beaten by Southampton too well did he? I'd say that made him a bit of a dick also

I'd rather have a bad loser than an MA mark 2 who thought we should be grateful just to be on the same pitch as teams like Leeds.

Name me one great manager who is a good loser. Gus aspires to be great, I hope he gets there :thumbsup:

This is a big game for both clubs, anyone playing it down is in denial. There is only one other away game that I'd like to win more.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Poyet didn't take being deservedly beaten by Southampton too well did he? I'd say that made him a bit of a dick also

That's very subjective. Let's not forget that we were 1-0 with six minutes left. The game's defining moment came when Davies brought down Murray for a clear penalty, which would have seen us 2-0 up. The ref waved it away, Murray went off injured and only after that did Saints start to dominate the game.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Donny wore their home kit (similar to yours) at the Amex, or we will play in green/black with green shorts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here