Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D2C Wii Mod

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
Does anyone have their Wii modded? I have a D2C machine and want it modded to, erm, play legal imported games, bloke I have found supplies and installs the latest Argon chip (v1.4) which apparently is much more stable than the D2Ckey, and is also futureproof as the D2Ckey updates have now been discontinued (won't work with the newest games)..

Has anybody had either of this mods, and what was their experience? And what did you pay? The guy I found is charging £70.00 for supply and install, it takes an hour and is drop off/collect job. I found another to compare prices and he installs the older D2Ckey for £95.00 but lives closer.. what do you think?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Does anyone have their Wii modded? I have a D2C machine and want it modded to, erm, play legal imported games, bloke I have found supplies and installs the latest Argon chip (v1.4) which apparently is much more stable than the D2Ckey, and is also futureproof as the D2Ckey updates have now been discontinued (won't work with the newest games)..

Has anybody had either of this mods, and what was their experience? And what did you pay? The guy I found is charging £70.00 for supply and install, it takes an hour and is drop off/collect job. I found another to compare prices and he installs the older D2Ckey for £95.00 but lives closer.. what do you think?

I have my wii modded, but it's a D2B with Wiikey. From what I know of the D2C chips, Argon sounds like the one to go for because of the upgrades, specially with the Smash bros dual layer issues people are having.

I specifically got my wii 2nd hand so I could get the cheaper D2B chips, but £70 for a D2C seems a pretty good price to me.. I got my Wiikey put in for £40 by some fella up Elm Grove, works like a dream.

Are you sure D2C key support has been discontinued? Anyway, at present all games work inc Smash bros, same as on my Wiikey :clap2:

Sounds like you're fairly clued up but plenty of info here - GBAtemp Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board) - even if 90% of topics are brawl related at the minute...

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
Quality reply, cheers. Yeah - apparently Wiikey support is still going strong because of the sheer number of D2B systems out there but apparently Argon shits and pisses over D2Ckey so much that they didn't bother continuing it.

A mate of mine updated all his firmware the day after getting his modded with the Argon and guess what happened.. :shootself

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Quality reply, cheers. Yeah - apparently Wiikey support is still going strong because of the sheer number of D2B systems out there but apparently Argon shits and pisses over D2Ckey so much that they didn't bother continuing it.

A mate of mine updated all his firmware the day after getting his modded with the Argon and guess what happened.. :shootself

Updated off a foreign game I guess? Whoops... Not fully bricked though surely? If it's just the settings and internet stuff, a uk game with a newer update will fix it. Sadly, it might be a while before one of those comes out, unless what he's updated to is less than v3.1? In that case, the Wii chess/DK jet race update would fix it...

Let us know how you go with the Argon..

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
Updated off a foreign game I guess? Whoops... Not fully bricked though surely? If it's just the settings and internet stuff, a uk game with a newer update will fix it. Sadly, it might be a while before one of those comes out, unless what he's updated to is less than v3.1? In that case, the Wii chess/DK jet race update would fix it...

Let us know how you go with the Argon..

will do fella, should be in by EOW - got a few test games ready to go for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here