Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyclists

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
doh! I had a debate with a cyclist friend of mine and I thought they were NOT allowed! :down:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes they are, but not on motorways, and it is bloody frightening.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've cycled on dual carriageways many times - not to be recommended though.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Gwylan said:
I've cycled on dual carriageways many times - not to be recommended though.

I've cycled on that 3 lane section of the A23 that goes through the big stone markers before it goes under the A27. f*** me that was scary. Definately a once only experience.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Rangdo said:
I've cycled on that 3 lane section of the A23 that goes through the big stone markers before it goes under the A27. f*** me that was scary. Definately a once only experience.

Yeah, I've done that - it's a petrifying journey. What's worse is the A23 at Gatwick Airport, I had to change lanes there, still brings me out in a sweat thinking about it and it was 25 years ago.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I've cycled from the roundabout at Waterhall to the cycle track about half a mile up the A23. That was quite scary.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
hitony said:
They should be banned from breathing !!! :smokin:

When other drivers crushed my body and skull, i was advised by silent lawmen to follow that very rule until i was reincarnated in the same inedible, bovine delicacy that had me before.
I ride again and tut at others who ignore red lights and zerba crossings.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Meade's_Ball said:
When other drivers crushed my body and skull, i was advised by silent lawmen to follow that very rule until i was reincarnated in the same inedible, bovine delicacy that had me before.
I ride again and tut at others who ignore red lights and zerba crossings.

dunno what the f*** your on about me old mate (and i aint gonna waste my time trying to work it out either !!) ....but my comment was meant as a bit of a joke :lolol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
hitony said:
dunno what the f*** your on about me old mate (and i aint gonna waste my time trying to work it out either !!) ....but my comment was meant as a bit of a joke :lolol:

:)
I didn't take your comment to my bleating heart.
I now do relaxational breathing to battle anxiety's ruthless kneed. So tarless lungs are now better than i once thought.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Meade's_Ball said:
:)
I didn't take your comment to my bleating heart.
I now do relaxational breathing to battle anxiety's ruthless kneed. So tarless lungs are now better than i once thought.

Oh right.........well as long as thats sorted then :jester: :lolol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
I had a 45 minute ill-temperatured discussion with ticketeers at Victoria yesterday as they wouldn't let me put my bike on the train. I'd got there early, for me, so i thought i would miss the rush hour and not impede other people's comfort. They said i'd have to wait for two hours now, so i told him i would fill that time at his desk as i have nowhere else to go. So. we chatted and the queue extended. I informed him of recent accident and damaged brains hoping that would give me the right to board with wheels.
No chance. In the end, i got a pass through to the lock-up on one of the outer platforms and instead of putting the bike there, just put it on the train in the bicycle carriage. I then pretended to be asleep in case anyone sought reason.
What a turd i and they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here