Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyclists will be given green light to ignore one-way signs

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
So who will have right of way,

At the moment although cyclist already do it, a little bit of them know its wrong, so are a bit careful going against traffic.

Giving the green light to cyclists saying they can go the wrong way will give them the impression they have right of way, or equal to and ride accordingly

What happens when they end up under the wheels of a car, bus , lorry,
because they will, who will the blame be apportion to ?

I don’t think they have thought this through properly.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As a cyclist, I can say I've never gone the wrrong way down a one way system, and further to that, I don't support this plan at all. It's a stupid idea.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As a cyclist, I can say I've never gone the wrrong way down a one way system, and further to that, I don't support this plan at all. It's a stupid idea.
As a cyclist of ten miles a day, there is a part of my route that would be much shorter on the return journey if I could ignore a one way system. But I don't, because that would be dangerous. For that reason, I completely agree with you. What f***ing dumbass idea this is.

Half the reason cyclists get bad press from the assortment of lazy fat twats on NSC is because the truth is that they are an afterthought in the context of the nation's transport system. Make them pay £20 a year in tax, and give cyclists a proper, well thought out, network of their own.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cyclists should be exempt from all rules. We are a national collosus that benefit the economy in many ways. In fact, I think cyclists should be given tax breaks.
I'd empathise with your irony a lot more if you replaced "cyclist" with "black cab driver". Scourge of the roads IMO, who think they own the roads (and behave accordingly) because they drive for a living AND pay more than everyone else in order to pick people up off the pavement.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
As a cyclist of ten miles a day, there is a part of my route that would be much shorter on the return journey if I could ignore a one way system. But I don't, because that would be dangerous. For that reason, I completely agree with you. What f***ing dumbass idea this is.

Half the reason cyclists get bad press from the assortment of lazy fat twats on NSC is because the truth is that they are an afterthought in the context of the nation's transport system. Make them pay £20 a year in tax, and give cyclists a proper, well thought out, network of their own.

lazy fat twats.......

although thinking about it, I would rather be a lazy fat twat than an energentic fat twat...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Condemning all cyclists as a mobile health hazard is about as valid as saying all Palace fans are conceived within a marital partnership. However the cycle clubs that use the road where I live are bastards. Why do they have to ride three abreast down a narrow country lane ?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I agreed with you at first... But what about viaduct road - it's a nightmare trying to cycle from east Brighton to Hove because of that one way system.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I agreed with you at first... But what about viaduct road - it's a nightmare trying to cycle from east Brighton to Hove because of that one way system.

The one way system on viaduct road is why I cycle down to the sea front and along. The time is probably negligible (? that word doesn't look right), because the added time in distance is balanced by the added time of cycling up a steep hill.

For the record, I also stop at red lights. I was congratulated by a drunk man for doing so once. Weird.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness it already appiles, all you need is a royal mail uniform and postie bike.
We (I at least) can ride where we damn well please.

But ONLY when working

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
what really pisses me off cycling to and from work is when I'm in the cycle lane and a car cuts across right in front of me to turn left without checking their f***ing mirrors

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
stupid idea, as usual it will be the car driver blamed when a cyclist unexpectedly pulls across the road and lands up on the car bonnet! although the idea of taxinx cyclists would be good - but only if the revenue is used to castrate those found to be riding like a lunatic :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here