Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
cyclo-cross is supposed to be on Eurosport now.
It's still yet to start.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
cyclo-cross is supposed to be on Eurosport now.
It's still yet to start.

Oh I see, doing some sneaky research for your TWO fantasy teams are you :wink:

You'll certainly have to know more than Vos and our Brits this season if you want to maintain your high midtable standards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

You'll certainly have to know more than Vos and our Brits this season if you want to maintain your high midtable standards.
T'is nuts, I have no idea why someone would do this for 'fun'.

On the plus side the 'girls' runner-up has got massive breasts.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
T'is nuts, I have no idea why someone would do this for 'fun'.

On the plus side the 'girls' runner-up has got massive breasts.

Doesn't really float my boat - cyclo-cross.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

When it comes to CX there's little point knowing more than Vos. Actually, that pretty much goes for the road too. Put her on the 'drome!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is it worth 'the geeks' having our own Twitter feed?

I certainly pick up snippets from Twitter, I hope that would be of interest, and put them here.

Are enough of us on twitter to warrant putting them on a 'NSC geeks' feed instead.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I certainly pick up snippets from Twitter, I hope that would be of interest, and put them here.

Are enough of us on twitter to warrant putting them on a 'NSC geeks' feed instead.

Would be good. I'm on there.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I've never had a twatter or friendface account in my life and I don't intend starting one anytime soon.

This thread is about as 'sociable' as I get online.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Be careful out there. http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...-factor-in-death-of-cyclist-says-inquest.html

Really sad, we've all had our 'moments' with cleats. They are NOT inherently dangerous, though.

Sadly, this guy sounds as though he was not able to fully control himself on a bike. A combination of bizarre events had a tragic ending.

It appears he was on the pavement when he hit the lamp-post. Strange how the coroner sees fit to blame cleats for the accident instead of not looking where you're going...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Iron hoof.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would follow too. My only cycling at the moment is limited to reading online articles, as I'm currently sporting two very fractured fingers and plaster almost up to my elbow! Can't wait to get back in the saddle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here