Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Looks to me like the link is still open to join (just without the hour in a queue that I had at work this morning)!
http://www.asochallenges.com/

The reduced rate places are obviously all gone now though, so it's going to be the full price if still available.

Good luck...

Well, that seemed easy - they appear to have taken my money, so as far as I can make out I have successfully registered after all!

Thanks, The Man!

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Well, that seemed easy - they appear to have taken my money, so as far as I can make out I have successfully registered after all!

Thanks, The Man!

Good work. I made it in time for the reduced rate yesterday, so also very pleased.
You should have 2 automated emails as confirmation.

Plenty of months ahead to consider just how big the Tourmalet is now...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This week I read that Maidstone is the worst for cycling deaths in Kent. I've never gone in and now am unlikely to.

I think I now know the appeal of the fixie, not that it appeals to me. I feared a freehub problem last week and it was worse this morning. Chain was lobbed off the big ring as I tried to stop. This all meant no 'resting' as I had to pedal to resistance everywhere. I learned a little more respect for those who put the time in on a machine but I couldn't do it. I had no idea how important freewheeling is, especially approaching junctions and the like. I'd like to think that this has been developing for a while and is responsible for my deteriorating performances.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So Fab blinks first

LET THE GAMES BEGIN:-

[tweet]401758459802038273[/tweet]

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
A bit belated - Hit the Trail was a strava challenge for height climbed. I got up Box Hill 22 times and Ranmore 8 times in a week + a few hundred feet going to Hollingbury from the Amex.

Trying to keep a bit of fitness through the darker months.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
A bit belated - Hit the Trail was a strava challenge for height climbed. I got up Box Hill 22 times and Ranmore 8 times in a week + a few hundred feet going to Hollingbury from the Amex.

Trying to keep a bit of fitness through the darker months.

Thanks. I thought it was something so obvious that I was having a 'special' moment.

And blimey, that is a lot of Box Hills. Kudos.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Five cyclists killed in the last nine days in London. Five!

I'm glad that I don't have to ride through the streets of our capital. It is clearly not safe, and it's time for a sea change in attitude.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...ing-in-crisis-now-is-the-time-for-change.html

Some bits are great, others are designed to kill - and do. Bow Roundabout and Aldgate (where the laughably named Cycle Superhighway 2 runs) are known to be dangerous, and these safety issues were highlighted during the design process by LCC, but ignored.

Most of the time, in most places it's fine. There are idiots (like the minicab driver who almost left-hooked me yesterday by overtaking me and turning left across me from the right hand lane as I was going straight on), but the vast majority of people are fine, or at least not dangerous. You do alter what you see as a near miss pretty quickly though...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Wheel is off to be taken to LBS tomorrow. As I disengaged the pump, the inner tube valve snapped off. Effing typical. No punctures all summer, then I lose a tube to this.

To cheer myself up, I'm gonna buy a new jersey.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Don't worry, I'm not that green. Just ordered last year's Venezuela National for £30 at Prendas.

Now off to do the puncture on the MTB. :(

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
:eek:

Surely you're not proposing being seen in team sky kit!

Not personally, no. I'm not comfortable wearing ANY pro team's kit, and Sky in particular. I have a nice line in down the nose sneers for those I see wearing their kit - particularly the Full Kit W@nkers.

But it's Rapha, and I'd have felt guilty if I hadn't at least mentioned this deal to Moto. I am never aware if others share my prejudices (you clearly do), and whether these prejudices are rational or not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
101% rational.

Full kit w@nkers make me laugh...

and laugh....

and laugh...

and laugh...

and laugh.

Then tut.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have I done a boo boo?
Not if you've picked up this bad boy:-

20121113-santini-venezuela-long-sleeve-national-team-jersey.jpg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
What one are you after then?

Just did 200m on the reactivated MTB. Crivens. Could I have got that seat any higher? Tyres up to max pressure yet still spongy. Seat f uncomfortable after 2 seconds. Will def need bar ends if I'm going to do anything more than to the shops, which I expect I will.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Finally got around to picking up Charly Wegelius' - Domestique, book yesterday that SB kindly gave me as a fantasy prize a while back.

Really enjoyable read so far. Will pass it onto 1066 mini(m) next.

Thanks again SB :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here