1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not a lot of Cav love, about!

I'm backing him, Sky have built the team around him for this race. After tomorrow he will not get team leader duties in a proper race for a while. Cav has Milan-San Remo then all the other spring classics have different team leaders. I think he will do it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm backing him, Sky have built the team around him for this race. After tomorrow he will not get team leader duties in a proper race for a while. Cav has Milan-San Remo then all the other spring classics have different team leaders. I think he will do it.

Would EBV be allowed to go for victory himself if the race developed that way do you think or will he have to stick with Cav to get him over the Poggio ?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Would EBV be allowed to go for victory himself if the race developed that way do you think or will he have to stick with Cav to get him over the Poggio ?

I reckon EBH is definitely plan B. Cav will stick with it for as long as he can then tell EBH to go for it if he does not feel up to it. He has already done this in that Tirenno-Adriatico stage we were taslking about last week. Pretty nice situation to be in for Sky really.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I reckon EBH is definitely plan B. Cav will stick with it for as long as he can then tell EBH to go for it if he does not feel up to it. He has already done this in that Tirenno-Adriatico stage we were taslking about last week. Pretty nice situation to be in for Sky really.

Makes me wonder if putting them both in and skimping elsewhere could really pay dividends then.

Blimey !, I'm really all over the place for this race. More mind changes than I care to mention.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Right, that's it ! All settled now. Bets hedged and no more changes unless one of them drops out early tomorrow as that's all I'll be checking for now - No more tinkering, it's driving me mad !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am now going to say, what I always say before Cav goes on and wins:-

Why would the other teams race over the top of the last climb with Cav, knowing from then on they are all riding for 2nd?

Go Cav.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My mistake then, I thought the Poggio was put back in this year having not been included recently.
Oh maybe, but it was definitely there for 2009.
I have the DVD of the race (a freebie!!) there's certainly no harm in watching again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cancellara 2nd, and that's about it, for me.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
:ffsparr:

Bit of a disaster. One of my DSs (Florencio) worked out at least, big changes in store for Gent-Wevelgem. Should have stuck with version 154 out of 327 of my various prospective line ups :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's the Friday night reminder, this time for Gent - Wevelgem.

I'm going against my, considerable, gut instinct, and have put Cav in.
Although I have just swapped Farrar over for John Degenkolb, giving me plenty of cash to trade up all my original doms.

So basically the smart cash should be on Tyler!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
:ffsparr:

Bit of a disaster. One of my DSs (Florencio) worked out at least, big changes in store for Gent-Wevelgem. Should have stuck with version 154 out of 327 of my various prospective line ups :lolol:

I too should have stuck with one of my early combinations rather than ponce around with what amounted to Sky spread betting in the end :lol: If I'd gone with my original gut instinct I would have bagged a lot more points than the measly amount I ended up with.

With that in mind, and no time tomorrow to fanny around due to Forest, I've just launched straight in with a new team and after just a small bit of research picked a team that took me no more than 5 mins to cobble together.

I ain't changing a thing, and I'm off to bed now to dream of 3 points on the road tomorrow and a better showing than last week in the cycling. Fingers crossed :)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I too should have stuck with one of my early combinations rather than ponce around with what amounted to Sky spread betting in the end :lol: If I'd gone with my original gut instinct I would have bagged a lot more points than the measly amount I ended up with.

With that in mind, and no time tomorrow to fanny around due to Forest, I've just launched straight in with a new team and after just a small bit of research picked a team that took me no more than 5 mins to cobble together.

I ain't changing a thing, and I'm off to bed now to dream of 3 points on the road tomorrow and a better showing than last week in the cycling. Fingers crossed :)

My team is decided, bar last minute check tonight, and I'm very happy with what I've picked, feeling confident of a turnaround in fortunes. Good luck everybody, as we all know this one is bigger than the olympics.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Last minute reminder for Tour of Flanders. About an hour left to make any last minute changes.

Just tweaked mine to replace riders who aren't riding. Hoping to build on what was a promising Gent Bubblegum for me :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here