Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A mate of Colin's, who I've ridden with, has posted his latest jaunt.

The Wonderful Wessex Audax.

Only 300km from Portsmouth through Sailsbury, Warminster, Bath, Swindon, Andover, Winchester, back to Pompey.

Distance 226.6miles, Moving Time 13:57:14, elevation 9,537ft.

As the start was Rowland's Castle and he lives in Bognor, he cycled the 40 mile round trip to the event :bowdown: :facepalm: :ohmy:

Lol, that sounds a bit like some of the nutters in our local club. There's a handful of them that ride out to brutal organised rides then ride back home again whilst normal people drive there and back in their cars. I think they've a 300km and 600km ride lined up at some point this year. Sod that for a game of soldiers!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Pot of tea, hot cross buns and the Tour of Flanders, a good afternoon!

Anyone else watching?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Four Sky on the front, Stannard just behind in the pack about p25/30. Wiggins? Gone missing. Hope no one took a punt a 66-1 like in that thread from yesterday...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
:lolol: There he is.

Time for Sky or EQS to put the hammer down I think. This has been a bit too easy for the sprinters so far.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Four Sky on the front, Stannard just behind in the pack about p25/30. Wiggins? Gone missing. Hope no one took a punt a 66-1 like in that thread from yesterday...

Looks like he's there to me.

Not that he is even in the frame for victory, God knows why anyone would put money on him to win when he is clearly a domestique today.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Huge group still. Looking like Degenkolb or Kristoff for the win unless someone seriously ups the tempo. It will have to EQS now as Sky have just been hanging out on the front all day wasting energy

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Huge group still. Looking like Degenkolb or Kristoff for the win unless someone seriously ups the tempo. It will have to EQS now as Sky have just been hanging out on the front all day wasting energy

Yep think Sky burnt too much, although G looks very strong on his own, with 40k to go and pretty much anyones race who wants to pick one ? i'm sticking with my outside 50/1 bet Oss who looked pretty strong a few moments ago and may make a move.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Impressed with Luke Rowe, still looking strong.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Huge from Kristoff. His last eight race finishes:

2nd in San Remo, 4th in E3, 9th in Gent Wevelgem, 1st,1st,1st and 3rd in De Panne and 1st today. That is Merckx esque.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's such a good race.
It comes to something when you're not safe from the neutrals and advertising.

Great ride from Kristoff he was super strong, poor old Nicki T, he was a beaten man all ends up.
Another strong ride from G.
I guess he'll be returning the favour and working for Wiggo next weekend :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here