Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Weird, wasn't it? A hilltop finish, Gilbert finishing brilliantly, and just a few journalists to witness it.

No surprise that the Tour of Beijing has been cancelled after this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's the FULL aspect of FKW that I really struggle with.

Obviously like everyone else I rally against a Sky jersey riding towards me.
But those that go the whole hog, shorts and even socks, god forbid the rarest of rare rider that also include helmet, shoes and shades, they are just mind blowing.

Yesterday's Belgiumist was also wearing Belgium 3/4er length bibs, it just looks so wrong.
I wouldn't be surprised if he had socks on too.
(What's the betting Tom Boonen is staying near-by, and is having to tolerate abuse from a wheezy fat lad who's legs still ache :lol:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

pcol

Nov 1, 2010
I had a fitting done about 6 weeks ago at a place called Cadence in south London. I initially went to them cos I bought a Planet X so was unsure whether I'd got the set-up correct out the box. I was amazed at how thorough they were with the fitting; it was supposed to be a 2 hour appointment but went on for well over 3 hours. They started at the pedals and cleat positions and worked their way up. As a result they changed the position of the cleats on my shoes, raised the saddle, checked the angle and for-aft position but these were both ok, moved the brake lever position, changed the bar angle and reduced the stem length. They also checked my position when riding normally and under heavy load; giving advice as to my body position etc in both circumstances. As a result my bike feels much more comfortable to ride and the ache that I used to get across my shoulders has completely gone. For me it was a worthwhile investment.

That's good to hear. That was the place I was thinking of getting it done.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
It's the FULL aspect of FKW that I really struggle with.

Obviously like everyone else I rally against a Sky jersey riding towards me.
But those that go the whole hog, shorts and even socks, god forbid the rarest of rare rider that also include helmet, shoes and shades, they are just mind blowing.

Yesterday's Belgiumist was also wearing Belgium 3/4er length bibs, it just looks so wrong.
I wouldn't be surprised if he had socks on too.
(What's the betting Tom Boonen is staying near-by, and is having to tolerate abuse from a wheezy fat lad who's legs still ache :lol:)
Don't worry he'd be an OPQS fkw!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I cut short my ride this morning. I dropped a snack at 25 miles so lost rhythm. As I had studied last week's ride and identified where to work a bit harder, I was ahead of the game but being down on fuel I had to rethink. Decided to run to 30 miles if only to say I lifted my average page quite well from the last time.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Finally going to test out my bike today. Have tried the cleats stationary and can't see how they will stay on at all at the the lowest tension so may need to tighten them up a little straight away?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Finally going to test out my bike today. Have tried the cleats stationary and can't see how they will stay on at all at the the lowest tension so may need to tighten them up a little straight away?

Sounds like it. You should we solidly clipped in. If your feet come out of your pedals with a jerk when you are not expecting them to you will have control issues. Could be dangerous.

Enjoy it, Notters.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is the cyclist wearing a food dispensing helmet?
He may well have a black and white helmet.

It is a good avert for:-

1) Helmet cams (even if his pointing backwards :shrug:)

B) Australian cycle lanes.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Finally got round to cleaning the bike. Flippin' 'eck there was some gunge between the lower gears. Put the blades on too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not sure. Fined and forfeited 3600 euros in prize money. Wallays was coming through and working so he can't be too pissed off!

Not sure. Fined and forfeited 3600 euros in prize money. Wallays was coming through and working so he can't be too pissed off!

Will be interesting to hear what his reason was. I can well imagine he's very likely to have just thrown his toys out of his pram, but I still love him as a rider.

Anyway, what's more interesting is to hear how Notters got on today. Had a quick look at Strava and all seemed to go well for him, so looking forward to a full report on his new bike and cleats experience.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] is making us wait so long for his match report. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here