Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I shall enjoy looking at your ride.

I think there was triathlon based at Leeds Castle. Didn't hear a triathlete coming as I 'left something' on the tarmac. Close. I'll aim left from now on.

Had to go out to collect my daughter and got right leg Adductor longis(?) cramp. Slid the seat right back for a different driving experience let's say.

Is 1066 on Strava?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think so PM.

As for your ride, you could have waived at my parents gaff today. I've been as far south as Groombridge. I'd probably crash I met someone I knew on a ride.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sorry, [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] , a bit rude...are you on Strava? In the Geeks club?

Yes, clue is I sound like I should be a Palace fan. The only one in the geeks club I think with rides starting and finishing in good old Hastings :thumbsup:

Edit: Btw PM, noticed you went from the East Dean road past Friston forest into Jevington and Polegate. Exciting stretch of road that! Only done it the once so far but really enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're now approaching that time of year when I 'comedy' announce it's time to start packing for the Geek summer vacation.
We'll not be coming back, so don't leave anything behind.

I can't help thinking this year will be different.
Geeks seems to have had a growth spurt since the sun has been out.
Plus Strava keeping us all honest, I think this Summer we'll have both threads running with some serious bike talk.

Only top quality Albion transfer can stop us now MWWUUAAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Anyone else checked out [MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION]' latest average speed? Tourette's inducing stuff.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone else checked out [MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION]' latest average speed? Tourette's inducing stuff.

He's different gravy that's for sure. No point torturing yourself trying to get anywhere near his speeds and distances. I saw that racing peloton speed past in the opposite direction on my ride today and my first and only thought was - "Sod that for a game of solidiers!" :lol:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
He's different gravy that's for sure. No point torturing yourself trying to get anywhere near his speeds and distances. I saw that racing peloton speed past in the opposite direction on my ride today and my first and only thought was - "Sod that for a game of solidiers!" :lol:

Yeah, great stuff. Must have been a good weekend for it as bottrill beat the competition record. 1.34 I think.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yes, clue is I sound like I should be a Palace fan. The only one in the geeks club I think with rides starting and finishing in good old Hastings :thumbsup:

Edit: Btw PM, noticed you went from the East Dean road past Friston forest into Jevington and Polegate. Exciting stretch of road that! Only done it the once so far but really enjoyed it.

Yes, it's a regular favourite of mine. Lovely road!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd probably crash I met someone I knew on a ride.
I had a moment caught at the temporary traffic lights in Henfield, last week.

I was waiting at the side, as fella parks up right in front of the lights.
Gumpy bugger didn't say a word to me, so I eventually assumed he wasn't a geek.

As the lights changed what was funny though was him checking our reflection in every other shop window, to see where I was.
Every time, there I was a couple of lengths back.
He then had a good look past the big roundabout, still there.
Then a final really big look up the minor climb, still there.
Fortunately for me, he turned right at the s bend.
I don't think I had much left had we carried on the same way.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah, great stuff. Must have been a good weekend for it as bottrill beat the competition record. 1.34 I think.

Sorry IL, lost me a bit there I'm afraid. Was Bottrill in the race I saw go by me today or something? If so, what race was it exactly?, or are you talking about a TT race today?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Sorry IL, lost me a bit there I'm afraid. Was Bottrill in the race I saw go by me today or something? If so, what race was it exactly?, or are you talking about a TT race today?

Sorry, meant to quote re: Glanders 50 today.

You won't see Bottrill in a bunch race these days! He broke the 50 mile competition record this weekend with 1h 34m.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sorry, meant to quote re: Glanders 50 today.

You won't see Bottrill in a bunch race these days! He broke the 50 mile competition record this weekend with 1h 34m.

Thanks.

1h 34m for 50 miles! Blimey! :eek:

While I'm here and to save another post. Can any Shimano uses tell me how you get on without the 'rabbit ear' thumb shifters that Campag have. I can't imagine being without those.

Assuming you have Campag on that lovely De Rosa of yours IL?

Edit: Just seen Glanders done the Hampshire 50 in 1h 47m and came in third. :bowdown:

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Just seen Glanders done the Hampshire 50 in 1h 47m and came in third. :bowdown:

You give that a double take and for a fleeting second think there's a typo in there. The expression 'off the clock' doesn't cover it.

As to carbon bikes, I'm with PM I think. Were I ever going to get one, I can't see myself not getting a synae just because it seems to fit me so well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Glanders times are just beyond my comprehension.

He must have to walk through doors sideways, just to get his thighs through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here