Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Right Moe Foes.

Cav, Goss, NSC's own, Visconti.
Chicchi, Berard, Boaro, Pauwels, Stantambrogio.

I'll telll you what SB, when you finally get the quality cheap BMC doms name spelt right I'll eat my hat :p It's like listening to bloody Warren Aspinall.

:jester:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll telll you what SB, when you finally get the quality cheap BMC doms name spelt right I'll eat my hat :p It's like listening to bloody Warren Aspinall.

:jester:
I might put some effort in, if the bloke took his stabilisers off.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I might put some effort in, if the bloke took his stabilisers off.

:lol:

To be fair, he's represented very good value at his bargain basement price when picking up 5 points when team mates have got wins this season.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Could only afford to bring in Goss and Demare. Cav is just so expensive, big risk to take Rodriguez out for him.

He'll be back don't worry. I'm looking for stage winners rather than GC contenders at the moment, so I had to have both these two, Rodriguez comes back in the moment it goes uphill.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He'll be back don't worry. I'm looking for stage winners rather than GC contenders at the moment, so I had to have both these two, Rodriguez comes back in the moment it goes uphill.
I've been playing it wrong, you won't be surprised to know.
Leaving Ryder and Roman in for the full 3 weeks and trading around them just isn't the way to go.
My theory was, they'd always pick up a few points, and I wouldn't find myself in the position of being unable to pick them, when I wanted to.

So much for that.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone watching the Tour of California ?

Jens is there.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I notice that just before Giro highlights on Eurosport tomorrow eve (8-9pm) there's a 15 minute programme previewing the Olympic course. Might be worth a watch.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You'll be needing counselling, come July.

Call it research, some good riders here and might get some pointers for July. I'm particularly interested to see how Gesink goes - Rabobank seem to have quite a strong team out here. Nibali & Sagan here for Liquigas too.

Agreed though, if I'm watching Olympic course previews too, I really should be seeking help sooner rather than later.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You'll be needing counselling, come July.

Yeah right, even I'm not watching the Tour of Drug Cheats, sponsored by a leading manufacturer of EPO with no drug testing at any point in the race.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah right, even I'm not watching the Tour of Drug Cheats, sponsored by a leading manufacturer of EPO with no drug testing at any point in the race.

Blimey!, didn't realise that :(
I've heard of this tour but never known anything about it or watched any of it before.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've heard of this tour but never known anything about it or watched any of it before.

Plenty of the the big teams and some big riders there. Any teams boycott it at all ?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Plenty of the the big teams and some big riders there. Any teams boycott it at all ?

No, everyone seems to be a bit fingers in the ears about this issue. The whole thing seems a little fishy to me, all that being said if the highlights are on when I want to watch something I will still probably tune in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

No, everyone seems to be a bit fingers in the ears about this issue. The whole thing seems a little fishy to me, all that being said if the highlights are on when I want to watch something I will still probably tune in.
ITV4 covered it last year, and yes I did watch!

From memory Jens slide out on some wet road:-
It wasn't rain, it was God's tears at being out spoofed by Jens, again.

(or something like that, it's early and I was up late)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
There really is nothing quite like seeing both your big money transfers crash within two seconds of each other. Nice one Pozzato, the only people to come out that finish with less credit than Filippo are the organisers, that was an absolutely ridiculous corner to put in that close to the finish. What were they thinking?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
There really is nothing quite like seeing both your big money transfers crash within two seconds of each other. Nice one Pozzato, the only people to come out that finish with less credit than Filippo are the organisers, that was an absolutely ridiculous corner to put in that close to the finish. What were they thinking?

Bloody pozzato, first he fucks up my roubaix team then he takes out my big money sprinter in the giro!

Surprise 4th for me today though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
f*** f*** and f***!...forgive my French but I can't help it.

I bloody had Pozzato too so would have been in for serious points today as he was looking good - especially as Ryder and Impey placed on the stage too.

:angry:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And now whenever I try to view the league tables all I see is that bloody tour of California nonsense. What's that about !

....And relax......

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
By the way, forgot to mention that Pantani hits the nail on the head - why put a bloody corner like that in at that point in the race, it's not funny nor clever !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here