Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey! going to be a long hard season for you lot running two teams. And to think SB takes the piss out of me :rolleyes:

I've resisted putting any bets on for stage one today. Too much choice, and the bookies are being really stingey on the yougsters that could make a showing.
I'll keep a running total of time spent managing the teams.

We don't all paw over the last 5 year results, weather conditions, birthdays, mother's maiden name, before selecting our teams. :lol: :kiss:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh yes, mid table supremacy here we come.

I wonder how long it's going to take for road.cc & cyclingnews.com to appear on the 8 most viewed page, on Google chrome.

Ok chaps, who DOESN'T have Jeff Soup in their team?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Delighted to see my team valiantly attempting to live up to its name. Damn you bikingmike for stealing my rightful position!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well that was a pretty decent stage. Gerrans mugged off Greipel pretty easily there I thought. Maybe the Gorilla went too early?

Really looking forward to tomorrow, should be good. Unfortunately, I cannot watch the 8 o'clock rerun on sky tomorrow as I have to work :down:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well that was a pretty decent stage. Gerrans mugged off Greipel pretty easily there I thought. Maybe the Gorilla went too early?

Really looking forward to tomorrow, should be good. Unfortunately, I cannot watch the 8 o'clock rerun on sky tomorrow as I have to work :down:

I woke up and watched it live from 3am, so about the last hour, not too long after the usual UniSA & Drapac two man break got reeled in.

I was keen to see some early questions answered as to who was up for this and who wasn't. I gambled against Ulissi being up for this race, but looks like I'm going to be wrong there. My two European 'up for it' inclusions appeared from the results to be anything but, however I'm sure it was our Geoffrey in a tangle with Schleck, and I've since learnt that Felline needed a new bike after a crash so that's why he didn't make the selection. So perhaps still all to play for. Nice to see Rohan Dennis looking good too after his TT crash.

Of the youngsters, I suppose all viewers eyes were firmly on Caleb Ewan, eager to see how he faired in his first WT run out. Understandable to see him struggle a bit, but interesting to see how he responds to that disappointment on stage 2. Fantasy wise it appears that Alaphilippe got picked up on the radar by quite a few of us. Respectable 20th for him whilst working for Bakelants is a good showing.

If Gerrans loses this race from here now though it will be like he's batting for the other side in The Ashes :lol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
This will be me being stupid...I picked my regular team (Hinault's Uno), but couldn't work out how to pick a separate purist team. So my purist team will be my regular team from stage 1.

How do you pick a separate team? :shrug:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

You know they are showing highlights at 7 in the evening? I watched it then before checking in to this thread, so that it was 'as live'. Marvellous.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You know they are showing highlights at 7 in the evening? I watched it then before checking in to this thread, so that it was 'as live'. Marvellous.

Ok thanks, I'll probably do that from now on in then.

In terms of picking another team I think you needed to open up a separate account as only premium players get two teams from the one log in.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

7 o'clock is dinner time in the Pantani household. Mrs Pantani might tolerate cycling highlights at breakfast, she certainly won't at dinner time.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well. Can we stop the transfer version game now? 10th in the south east too. 1st, 2nd & 3rd for the stage. Mega fluke.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well. Can we stop the transfer version game now? 10th in the south east too. 1st, 2nd & 3rd for the stage. Mega fluke.

Well done Moto, very impressive. And no, we cannot stop now :p

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ahem.

Admission.

I made a transfer. Nothing sneaky, just didn't realise. Happy to reverse it as long as I am not thrown out.

Honesty is the best policy.

Won't make another.

Profuse groveling apologies.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did you see who hoovered up the last place 10 points.

Campbell Flakemore

Who the hell doesn't want more flakes, good work Campbell.

How did I miss him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Although the NSC purist league is taken on trust! No sneaky transfers!!

Ahem.

Admission.

I made a transfer. Nothing sneaky, just didn't realise. Happy to reverse it as long as I am not thrown out.

Honesty is the best policy.

Won't make another.

Profuse groveling apologies.

I have no idea what you lot are talking about!? Are we not meant to be using our transfers!!?? I just have one team in our regular league.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Dearest cycling geeks

I am after a new (first) bike.

I have got a cycle to work voucher and looking to get something to cycle between Bevendean and city centre on daily basis. Been having a look at the Carrera Gryphon Hybrid Bike <http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_810613_langId_-1_categoryId_165534> can anyone give some pros/cons for this bike? any others I should consider. Looking at a buget of around £300-£400

Thanks in advance

Jim

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Sadly, Rapha do not intend to make team Sky's mesh skinsuit available for sale. I was looking forward to cycling around the West Midlands in one...

http://road.cc/content/news/108718-raphas-team-sky-mesh-skinsuit-new-pics-origin-story

Salvatore-Puccio-Rapha-Sky-Mallorca-32.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here