Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Tarmac road surfaces would not exist if it wasn't for the motor vehicle , so why do the Lycra louts think they have priority when they make no contribution through the taxation to the system?
Would it not be perfectly logical to tax cyclists to fund improvements in their network in the same way motorists are taxed to fund improvements to roads?

Fishing!

Afraid you'll get no nibbles here. Try looking at http://ipayroadtax.com

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not for the first time.

One day Mr Jag will realise we are the Buddhist Temple of threads, and he'll never get a nibble.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Sorry not trying to be controversial, but surely it makes sense like in all other forms of transport to expect the end users to pay a significant contribution for the required infrastructure?
As cyclists would you not be prepared to pay a little extra for a safer and more cycle friendly network?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Sorry not trying to be controversial, but surely it makes sense like in all other forms of transport to expect the end users to pay a significant contribution for the required infrastructure?
As cyclists would you not be prepared to pay a little extra for a safer and more cycle friendly network?

http://ipayroadtax.com

We all pay already. I may pay more than you in taxes, who knows? Does that mean I have more right to cycle on the road than you do to drive on it?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

If they did that for cyclists, they'd have to do a road tax for vehicles as well.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why do I pay £200 pounds a years for a piece of paper on my windscreen then?

Oh f*ck me I thought you might have been asking a valid question.

You pay Vehicle Excise Duty based on your vehicles emissions. You don't pay tax for a classic car older than 1973, electric cars, you'd pay a lot less for a hybrid, or small 1litre car.

As someone else said, there hasn't been a road tax since the '30's.:dunce:

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Oh f*ck me I thought you might have been asking a valid question.

You pay Vehicle Excise Duty based on your vehicles emissions. You don't pay tax for a classic car older than 1973, electric cars, you'd pay a lot less for a hybrid, or small 1litre car.

As someone else said, there hasn't been a road tax since the '30's.:dunce:

Are u a fully paid up green?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Confusing info on the FL site. I've not joined any leagues but I can't join the main league because I've joined already.

:mad:

Oh, I sneezed today. I'm well pleased; ribs on the mend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here