Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah that's it, kick a man whilst he's down :cry:

Have to say there's been some good racing in this ToB and I'm really looking forward to going up on Sunday with the kids. The beauty of it is that riders like Martin & Quintana are clearly up for animating things and Wiggins is up for GC. Throw in some young UK riders and Delaplace going in every single break and the racing is good. Fantasy wise I've almost given up, although Sam Bennett has done me proud from day one, which is more than can be said of Hammond's tip of Ian Bibby.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
as well as knowing the intricacies of the course, who won last year, and the name of their cat!

Cote de Saint-Remacle is probably the biggest cat, maybe a cat 2 in most races. Not sure the other cotes would be given a cat to be honest. Not sure what the dog is called.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Be rude not to. :)

[yt]EmEtgNG-tOs[/yt]

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Quite an entertaining finish that. Shame the break did not stay away as I had all three of them in my team.

3,7,9,10 and Martin and Pardilla in the front group so presumably top 20 for them too. Mountains points from Madrazo as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2.5.7th plus Pardilla

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ha!, take that SB & IL! :p

1,2,6,7,10,14 plus Madrazo points galore - 242 pts, 24th on the stage :rave:

Oh, and yet again I took out someone who was right up there - yesterday it was Viviani, today it was Reichanbach.

Anyway, another day of really exciting racing. I'll just repeat what I wrote yesterday shall I :wink:

Have to say there's been some good racing in this ToB and I'm really looking forward to going up on Sunday with the kids. The beauty of it is that riders like Martin & Quintana are clearly up for animating things and Wiggins is up for GC. Throw in some young UK riders and Delaplace going in every single break and the racing is good. Fantasy wise I've almost given up, although Sam Bennett has done me proud from day one, which is more than can be said of Hammond's tip of Ian Bibby.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ha!, take that SB & IL! :p

1,2,6,7,10,14 plus Madrazo points galore - 242 pts, 24th on the stage :rave:

Oh, and yet again I took out someone who was right up there - yesterday it was Viviani, today it was Reichanbach.

Anyway, another day of really exciting racing. I'll just repeat what I wrote yesterday shall I :wink:
Cracking score right up to the point I saw the winner got 300 :ohmy:

Today wasn't the day to score 299!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
THPP on his best ever chance of a podium finish :clap:

You're right in the mix here Tom. Podium spot well within reach. Cranky might be hard to catch, but SB & IL shouldn't pose too many problems for you. :wink:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cracking score right up to the point I saw the winner got 300 :ohmy:

Today wasn't the day to score 299!!

That 300 score is just outrageous! Wonder if that's the highest ever stage score? Bloody hard stage and race to get a score like that on as well. Grand Tour GC summit finish stage or nailed on bunch sprint yes, but not today.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wonder if Halfords, having seemingly got it right with Boardman's bikes, have pulled it off again with their entry into decent quality junior road bikes? Seems good spec for the price, compared with competitors at nearly double the price.

http://road.cc/content/news/90204-halfords-launch-carrera-zelos-junior-road-bike

One thing about Islabikes though, the resale value once they've grown out of them is amazing!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wonder if Halfords, having seemingly got it right with Boardman's bikes, have pulled it off again with their entry into decent quality junior road bikes? Seems good spec for the price, compared with competitors at nearly double the price.

http://road.cc/content/news/90204-halfords-launch-carrera-zelos-junior-road-bike

One thing about Islabikes though, the resale value once they've grown out of them is amazing!
If you can't get it right selling bikes in the current climate, you really shouldn't be selling bikes.

That Carrera was in my local 'Frauds a couple of weeks ago.
I didn't give it a once over as jnr was with me, but when he spotted it, all but 'hidden' in a rack, his eyes popped right out.
Give him his dues, he kept a distance and did get all 'i want', but it was so obvious that's what was screamed on the inside.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Knew Yates would repay my fantasy league faith!

He's a great prospect and if he goes to green edge, as rumoured, I think he'll get a lot more opportunities than he would at sky.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You're right in the mix here Tom. Podium spot well within reach. Cranky might be hard to catch, but SB & IL shouldn't pose too many problems for you. :wink:

Sorry mate, I concede. Me last two days scores have been:

TOB stage 6 (Dream Team) 157
TOB stage 5 (Dream Team) 135

and STILL I slip down the table. I mean. I think I've picked the winner every day except one, and had most of the top half dozen finishers most days. It's truly bizarre.There's obviously some hidden shortcuts that I'll never master. Think I'll stick to Fantasy Football.

See You Next Tour :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here