Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was brilliant, the side on shot makes him appear from nowhere. He makes the others look like they're standing still.

I have a feeling he could be on for 6 stages again this year.
Can't mention that win without a nod to Renshaw, he won it for Cav.

If I remember rightly Renshaw took that last turn 5kmph faster than anyone else, millimetres from the fence.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone else having issues with Bike Radar's Classified section? I'm getting no posts showing in all of the sub forums. Been like that for a few days now. Very odd ???

The Pro Race forum is working fine.

Edit: All working fine now. Seems you have to be logged in to view the Classifieds now.

Last edited:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Can't mention that win without a nod to Renshaw, he won it for Cav.

If I remember rightly Renshaw took that last turn 5kmph faster than anyone else, millimetres from the fence.

And was celebrating before Cav crossed the line before rolling in 2nd arms aloft. Beautiful! 2009, I believe?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And was celebrating before Cav crossed the line before rolling in 2nd arms aloft. Beautiful! 2009, I believe?

I'm probably thinking of the year after when he shot past everyone.
There both here along with Renshaw's third and the best headbutt.
Pretty much all you want from a video:-

[video=vimeo;30010232]http://vimeo.com/30010232[/video]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[video=vimeo;39261792]http://vimeo.com/39261792[/video]

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
It has arrived. :O

specialized-allez-compact-2013-road-bike.jpg

Can't find camera, but that's it.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nice one Jay, what colour was it before?
IT's pi$$ing too, all your Christmas' have come at once.

(pound to a penny that bike won't be getting wet and filthy anytime soon!!)

Ok Geeks, here's my problem.

As part of my ongoing search for a 10/15 mile 'family fun' sportive, I can do with jnr, I took the initiative.

Back in the day I did a fair few SRS events rides out of Burgess Hill, still on the email data base etc.

With The Etape du Sussex coming up next month, I noticed if we rode out the first few miles, we could cut back through Wivlesfield, making for a shorter but no less enjoyable ride.

This time last week I sent a very courteous and respectful email to Rupert explaining the situation, inc referencing Jnr spindly legs!.
Asking if he didn't mind me shortening his route to accommodate us, as being part of the event was equally as important as actually riding it.

I've had no reply, so what next?

In hindsight although I said I naturally undertook full responsibility for jnr, I didn't mention anything about the financial side.
I don't know if that might be a sticking point, I assumed I obviously wasn't asking for a discount or even a free ride at a paying event.

Last edited:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Nice one Jay, what colour was it before?
IT's pi$$ing too, all your Christmas' have come at once.

(pound to a penny that bike won't be getting wet and filthy anytime soon!!)

Red, White and Silver. Although I ordered the Black/Silver, They apologised and I received a £20 voucher. :thumbsup:

I was thinking of doing the Burgess Hill bike ride this Sunday, having second thoughts now. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Red, White and Silver. Although I ordered the Black/Silver, They apologised and I received a £20 voucher. :thumbsup:

I was thinking of doing the Burgess Hill bike ride this Sunday, having second thoughts now. :lol:
It's the 115 mile King of the Downs, this Sunday

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
It's been sold out for some time. I hope to be doing 'The Long One' on 29th June though...anyone else?

Hopefully I'll have a few people to drag me along then if it's a sell out.

The Long One looks interesting. I'm currently deciding whether to enter anymore sportives before I head off to the Alps, or just tailor my own routes. Will take a closer look at it...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Hopefully I'll have a few people to drag me along then if it's a sell out.

The Long One looks interesting. I'm currently deciding whether to enter anymore sportives before I head off to the Alps, or just tailor my own routes. Will take a closer look at it...

I did it last year - loved it. Less brutal than King of the Downs, but still a long day in the saddle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here