Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yesterday was the first time I've been out on the bike for pleasure in months. Day off work Wednesday to take in Fleche Wallonne and hopefully get out for my first decent ride of the year in the morning. It's been a looooong time coming! I'm really not a fair weather anything usually, preferring it cold to too hot, but this winter has beaten me good and proper all ends up.

Meanwhile, fantasy roster is no where near complete for FW so can't start tinkering yet in preparation. Looks like we're all stuck with a last minute dash tomorrow night for team selection.

I'm a little worried about this, as I am in Peterborough overnight tonight and am likely to be too drunk to make a sensible decision on my team. Will probably just have to take a punt this morning and hope for the best.

I will be off tomorrow too, so shall see you on here for some Ardennes based chat. Live coverage on Eurosport from 2:00 with the second stage of Trentino on before that. I should make it back from 'Boro just in time for the end of Trentino, happy days.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm a little worried about this, as I am in Peterborough overnight tonight and am likely to be too drunk to make a sensible decision on my team. Will probably just have to take a punt this morning and hope for the best.

I will be off tomorrow too, so shall see you on here for some Ardennes based chat. Live coverage on Eurosport from 2:00 with the second stage of Trentino on before that. I should make it back from 'Boro just in time for the end of Trentino, happy days.

Your best bet then is to select - 'all riders' from the drop down box that's set at 'riding this stage' when you pick your team. As far as I know, in terms of notables, Sagan is now riding, Gerrans isn't, Quintana is and there's another top rider for this not listed too that I think is still riding ( you can work him out for yourself :wink: ).

Have a good one tonight and bring back those 3pts. At least I've found one small silver lining to having to cut back on away games - I'll be going research silly again tonight with the game on the radio.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Your best bet then is to select - 'all riders' from the drop down box that's set at 'riding this stage' when you pick your team. As far as I know, in terms of notables, Sagan is now riding, Gerrans isn't, Quintana is and there's another top rider for this not listed too that I think is still riding ( you can work him out for yourself :wink: ).

Have a good one tonight and bring back those 3pts. At least I've found one small silver lining to having to cut back on away games - I'll be going research silly again tonight with the game on the radio.

Team selected. Leaving for 'Boro now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm reckoning there was an average haematocrit of about 60 between those three!
The fact that none of them looked like cyclists should have been a big enough clue.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Bugger, I'm going to have to go back and take Gerrans out!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

As far as I can tell the Roadcc site hasn't updated to these changes yet then, maybe have to check later. On Sunday I had 5 who didn't start :facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bugger, I'm going to have to go back and take Gerrans out!

As far as I can tell the Roadcc site hasn't updated to these changes yet then, maybe have to check later. On Sunday I had 5 who didn't start :facepalm:

I see that they've updated the roster now.

Disclaimer alert: Don't take my word for it on who is and who isn't starting in a race. Right up until the morning of Paris Roubaix for example I was under the impression that GVA wasn't riding, and then look what went and happened!

Big question for everyone now I suppose is just how J-Rod's AGR injury is going to affect him? Top favourite without the injury, but is he bluffing? In the real world, I'm glad he's able to start and hope he does well. In the fantasy pick world however it's just another selection dilemma to contend with :rolleyes:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Mollema
Gilbert
Henao
Bentancur
Albasini
Valverde
Serry
J Vanendert
Weening

Personally I'm not convinced Purito's injury is going to be too much of a factor and I can't see him finishing outside the Top Ten. He'll probably even win it again as he's so suited to the finish and has experience of how to ride it. Trouble is building a fantasy team around him means leaving so many contenders out. I'm not so enamored about a supporting cast of the likes of Quintana, Wegmann & Ulissi compared to what I have, although I reckon Ulissi will put in a good show.

Only dilemma was going the two Dutchies over Dan Martin & Caruso , but I'm convinced Mollema has an excellent chance of a podium spot and Dan Martin is too popular a pick to gain a real points advantage off.

That's my self indulgent semi predictions over. Cue something totally different happenning now.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Henao
Betancur
Weening
Nocentini
Gilbert
Quintana
Valverde
Kwiatowski
Slagter

I also decided j Rod was too much of a risk at that price and went for plenty of mid price contenders instead.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Gilbert
Valverdi
Kwiatowski
Kreuziger
Henao
Betancur
Caruso
Martin
Weening

Watching Trentino now, interesting race this now they let the break go in the first stage.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just tuned into Trentino now. Not long back from a mixed fortunes 'first proper ride of the year' this morning.

Nothing much happening in FW so far. Just a 3 man non threatening break when I last checked.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cracking stage that. Was that Bouet coming in at 2' 23" I wonder? Good show if it was.

Must confess I thought Siutsou was just dragging Rolland to the stage win for a good while there , but not so. Chapeau! That Santambroggio looks bloody strong though.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Brilliant from Siutsou, Brad looking so strong too, loved that El Abd esque back pat for Nibali at the end, "Well done son" :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Brilliant from Siutsou, Brad looking so strong too, loved that El Abd esque back pat for Nibali at the end, "Well done son" :lolol:

:lolol:

5 doms nearly all the way up and still couldn't drop our Brad. Meanwhile, just to really rub it in, Siutsou takes the stage!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Two bets for Fleche Wallonne today:

Kwiatowski 80-1 £1 e/w
Ulissi 33-1 £1 e/w

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sky to sign Cancellara?!

Hope not, they are too dominant as it is.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Two bets for Fleche Wallonne today:

Kwiatowski 80-1 £1 e/w
Ulissi 33-1 £1 e/w

Nice.

Nothing for me. Wanted to back Mollema but I'm stuck with William Hill who were only offering 33/1 compared to Paddy Powers 66/1. I begrudge taking odds when I know DOUBLE is being offered elsewhere. All seems strange to me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sky to sign Cancellara?!

Hope not, they are too dominant as it is.
He could just set up his own TEAM FAB, and just race on his own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here